Hate to hear things like this

2011jk

the whole Jeeperz Jamboree is one big drunken orgy.

I agree years ago but its really toned down the last 5 years+. I go every year so speaking form 1st hand knowledge. I've never seen a orgy and I've looked...:naw:

The girl that died should never have been driving IMO its the owner that let her drive that made the mistake ...that and the gas cans that spewed gas all over her.

From what I read it was the passenger that died, the driver had his belt on but was arrested for manslaughter.

aermid

Ive wheeled with people who really like the bottle on the trail... they had their kids in the jeep and everything. :eek: :grayno:

I always have, and always will save it for camp. :crazyeyes:

Sad to see something like this happen, but it's modern day natural selection. I find it interesting that the area was so remote, and yet, they are still able to charge him with a DUI. I guess that is the "downside" of public land (if there is a downside)

Here in Texas, all the land is private, so LEGALLY someone can drink as much as they want while operating their vehicle on private land (EVERY trail in Texas), the worst LEGAL thing that can happen is the property personnel call the authorities, wait until the officers arrive at the property entrance, then ask the intoxicated driver to leave. So long as someone sober drives the vehicle out of the park and onto public land, the authorities cant do anything about it... which is a double edged sword IMO... I just wish people as a whole were more inclined to their own responsibilities...

//: end, Rant; /n

There was "Drunk Santa" (he looked a lot like Santa) the beginner group had to stop for at HF last year. Santa rolled his side-by-side in a little drop that had maybe a foot or two of water in it. Luckily no one got hurt. He was soaking wet and muddy; though I don't think it helped much in sobering him up.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
There was "Drunk Santa" (he looked a lot like Santa) the beginner group had to stop for at HF last year. Santa rolled his side-by-side in a little drop that had maybe a foot or two of water in it. Luckily no one got hurt. He was soaking wet and muddy; though I don't think it helped much in sobering him up.

IMG_7253.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jesse3638

Hooked
Working Dumont for the last 10+ years I've seen alcohol claim numerous lives and seriously injure many more. I always bring several beers with me when I go on a run. I wait until air up time and limit myself to one and offer the rest to others. It's a nice way to conclude a day on the trail but I never drink during the run. I do my best to stay away from those that do.

As I was typing this I learned something else. While trying to respond to my wife's text, post this, and turn on the rice cooker I knocked over my beer. Note to self, don't drink and cook rice...haha.

Sent from my 831C using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom