Have any of you guys thought about or have done a V8 swap ?

jwolfejt

Caught the Bug
Call me crazy, but unless you're a military contractor with an open expense acct why would you want to spend the dough on fuel for a daily 220 mile commute with anything other than a throw away commuter dog? That works out to well over 200k miles in a year. Assuming 25 mpg, $3/gallon thats $24k in fuel costs. In your Jeep its gonna be at least twice that.

Now if it's not a daily thats a different story
I think you hit the nail on the head :).

jwolfejt

Caught the Bug
Having run both an LS and now an LT, I would only go LT and in part because of the direct injection. The AMF/displacement is junk but can be removed. I am running the 10 speed now and so far, I've been happy with it. But, that's just been my personal experience.

Motech is on my list to call next. Have a spreadsheet open with a list of things I want to do with my JT now and i've started to organizing in phases - i think if I am going to do this it would be ideal to get this done first so I don't have to redo springs, driveshafts, axles and other items to cope with the changes of a swap like this.

jeeeep

Hooked
When I had long commutes, I bought and old VW diesel passat, 45mpg diesel power to spare, diesel was also cheaper than gas... aging ughhh

when I was a kid, our backpack included a shovel because we walked to school uphill both directions in 10 feet of snow, we had to shovel a path there and home for 15 miles!

If had to commute like that again and it was out of my pocket, I'd buy a commuter car that required low maintenance.
If it's on the client's dime, well...

still thinking about a V8

Brute

Hooked
When I had long commutes, I bought and old VW diesel passat, 45mpg diesel power to spare, diesel was also cheaper than gas... aging ughhh

when I was a kid, our backpack included a shovel because we walked to school uphill both directions in 10 feet of snow, we had to shovel a path there and home for 15 miles!

If had to commute like that again and it was out of my pocket, I'd buy a commuter car that required low maintenance.
If it's on the client's dime, well...

still thinking about a V8
“If it’s on the client dime, well…”

I’m thinking Hellcat…I’ve got the perfect ride for you, and it’s for sale…

jwolfejt

Caught the Bug
Careful, might be a Jeep product......
You guys are the ones talking about buying another car lol. This thread and the other one makes me think instead of a motor swap i should buy a new 1 ton limited dually for everything but trail duty - then i start to have recollections of all the emissions related nightmares i've had - when it was running right it was SWEEEET though.

kevman65

Hooked
You guys are the ones talking about buying another car lol. This thread and the other one makes me think instead of a motor swap i should buy a new 1 ton limited dually for everything but trail duty - then i start to have recollections of all the emissions related nightmares i've had - when it was running right it was SWEEEET though.
I'm just saying, with some of these guys on here, you don't know WHAT they may have put a Hellcat in......

Top Bottom