HDR Photography

StrizzyChris

Picked the lady up a Cannon EOS Rebel T4i today for her b-day. It's gonna be her new hobby. Cant wait to head out with you guys and get some pics with this! :thumb:

Picked the lady up a Cannon EOS Rebel T4i today for her b-day. It's gonna be her new hobby. Cant wait to head out with you guys and get some pics with this! :thumb:

very nice! i am looking at upgrading my old PENTAX DSLR for a new NIKON, possibly the d3200 so that I can use my current lenses. But i do know the EOS cameras are NICE!

Man Paychex you're the Joaqin of all trades aren't you?

not really. my DSLR is a first gen. like 10 years old so the pics it takes are no better than the ones my fone takes! time to upgrade! But if you would like to drink a "regular" beer, put a 1/2" group at 200 yards with an M1A, cook a perfect filet mignon all at the same time.... I am your man!

10frank9

Web Wheeler
not really. my DSLR is a first gen. like 10 years old so the pics it takes are no better than the ones my fone takes! time to upgrade! But if you would like to drink a "regular" beer, put a 1/2" group at 200 yards with an M1A, cook a perfect filet mignon all at the same time.... I am your man!

You talk a mean game. Let see if your filet game is on point.

bumpus

I went and took a few today, it was kind of a grey day and the best obstacle I found at the park was a small gravel pile, but the boy and I got outside in the Jeep and played with the camera, so it wasn't all bad.
IMG_7297a.jpg IMG_7305a.jpg

Krieger

Did a photo shoot a few weekends ago of a Hay Factory.
They take the bulk hay and press it onto small bundles. It was a great experience and the HDR
Shots came out great.

Attachments

• image-4157133978.jpg
    image-4157133978.jpg
    270.6 KB · Views: 100
  • image-1488777533.jpg
    image-1488777533.jpg
    197.4 KB · Views: 98
  • image-2518797039.jpg
    image-2518797039.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 98
  • image-1484102046.jpg
    image-1484102046.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 97

Skirmish

Started playing with Simply HDR for Mac tonight. Incredibly easy to use if you want to do simple stuff with a single photo. $8 for the app. It's mostly preset based with adjustments. Not really for the pros but great for fooling around.
AmberMt_zpsf253754a.jpg

alienskirm_zps7e7b5c7a.jpg

bwharsh_zps266c9590.jpg

warmrear_zpsaeb2d3be.jpg

Skirmish

One of the options is grain. You can choose finer or larger grains and then select the intensity. Amazing how an otherwise dull pic can come to life.

Napalm90

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1367256747.581443.jpg Took this pic of Lane87 coming down into the quarry last weekend a rauch creek.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

SDG

Caught the Bug
Big thing to watch out for when trying to get a realistic looking HDR are the halows that will develop around ovbjects when its over applied. Unless this is what you are going for.

If you are taking these with a dslr either a bracket or 3 to 5 usually works pretty well depending on the scene. A few things I learned while playing around with this a while ago was if you want a portrait of a person in it take a +1 at normal exposure and mask them over the hdr landscape. Otherwise the person will look goofy cause they can't hold perfectly still.

I will dig up some pics when I get home if anyone is interested. And can post some links to tutorials that helped me out quite a bit.

Krieger

If you use a single shot in RAW format you can edit it in a HDR style. Here's a single shot from a hard rock band shoot I had a few years back. I used a flash also so you could see the other guys in the sunglasses.

Attachments

• image-2724462841.jpg
    image-2724462841.jpg
    259.6 KB · Views: 72

WhiteDynamite

Started playing with Simply HDR for Mac tonight. Incredibly easy to use if you want to do simple stuff with a single photo. $8 for the app. It's mostly preset based with adjustments. Not really for the pros but great for fooling around.
AmberMt_zpsf253754a.jpg

alienskirm_zps7e7b5c7a.jpg

bwharsh_zps266c9590.jpg

warmrear_zpsaeb2d3be.jpg

I believe I saw you post one of my buddy Alfred's Jeep on Facebook.

SDG

Caught the Bug
Here is one I took a while ago when I was trying to get the hang of it.
flower+hdr.jpg

And another which was an HDR filter on a raw file.
DSC_2848-Edit.jpg

Top Bottom