Headlights

Suprchrgd_rubi

For all the snow you get in Livermore? :bleh: Just kidding. but as far as the "X" thing goes, you don't see it unless you have a large object in front of you.

Well ya know some of have to drive to get some snow time, I haven't noticed the x yet, so far I love them I was s tough decision between jw and TL but price and heated helped the decision

JeepJeep75

I went with the TL's and they do have a very pronounced X in each lite. My factory buckets made the TL's severely cross-eyed. Installed the horizontal adjusters. No I can aim the lites like a pair of laser beams. I aim them so the X's are six feet apart, hitting the road surface about 150-200 feet in front of me. The other thing I really love about these Truck Lites is how wide the light spreads out without losing intensity. These lights do not disappoint.

Torqt JK

I just installed the Jdub evolution J's and couldn't be happier. After doing a ton research comparing the two, the beam pattern of the JW was the deciding factor, really bright and wide. I knew the "X" pattern would drive me crazy on the TL. Both seem like quality products, comes down to personal preference

Templar

I have the Truck-lites and also had the problem with needing horizontal adjustment - I'm sure the problem was there all along I could just not tell with the crappy stock lights. I wanted to mention you don't have to buy an adjuster to add horizontal adjustments if you have a dremel. Just use the dremel to cut a notch into the black screw you would replace for the horizontal adjustment and you can then adjust it with a flathead screwdriver. It fast and easy.

dillard09

Fwiw... I have the Peterson headlights. Long story short, I wanted Trucklights and my wife bought me the Peterson for christmas. So instead of saying these are not the ones I wanted. I just installed. They are way better than stock. Have never compares them to a Trucklight or JW but I'm actually very happy with them. They do have a hot spot or two but no noticeable X pattern.

Ddays

Hooked
You should not be getting flashed. I have had my speakers for nearly 18months and 20,000mi. Not ONE flash in that time. I've been driving in another car with my jeep behind me and the lights looked no different than HIDs on European cars.

My guess is your may need to be pointed down if you are getting flashed.

Also, didn't relive the TLs are DOT approved...

Good point. Had Jeep inspected shortly after I installed these and they normally check & adjust headlights as part of the deal. I assumed this was done but you know how that goes.
I'll make it a point to check aim especially now that we are heading into shorter daylight...

Hoyt Ag

Fwiw... I have the Peterson headlights. Long story short, I wanted Trucklights and my wife bought me the Peterson for christmas. So instead of saying these are not the ones I wanted. I just installed. They are way better than stock. Have never compares them to a Trucklight or JW but I'm actually very happy with them. They do have a hot spot or two but no noticeable X pattern.

Where did you buy them?

Ddays

Hooked
I have a 24" double row bar that I honestly almost never use. The high beams on my TL's are that bright. I may switch it out for a couple smaller lights angled out to the sides
for additional side lighting.

dillard09

I have a couple amazon fogs wired into my factory switch. I have a programmer so I can have the fogs in with highs and low beams. I use them because the are there not cause I need them.

Trunkmonkey

I had a difficult time deciding between TLs or KCs, picked the KCs for the warranty. Happy with the lights, seen pretty bright but haven't compared to TLs. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1443636768.635202.jpg

Top Bottom