Heater core??

Martinrd1

Well, back to the dealer AGAIN. The coolant leak got worse and it seems like its coming from somewhere under the intake around the oil cooler, which was just replaced recently by the dealer. Pressure test was done and head gasket issue was ruled out. Dealer has had it since monday. Still no word on what it is but im guessing it has to do with the oil cooler

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

cpefy3

Judging by your description (and knowing that they recently replaced your oil cooler) I going to go out on a limb and guess that the coolant line feeding the oil cooler/ oil filter housing has either been compromised or wasn't fully connected. If this isn't it, I am guessing it is one of the coolant hoses feeding the heater core from the engine bay. If you were worried about a bad head gasket you could have just looked at your oil and see how it looked. Best of luck!!

Martinrd1

Judging by your description (and knowing that they recently replaced your oil cooler) I going to go out on a limb and guess that the coolant line feeding the oil cooler/ oil filter housing has either been compromised or wasn't fully connected. If this isn't it, I am guessing it is one of the coolant hoses feeding the heater core from the engine bay. If you were worried about a bad head gasket you could have just looked at your oil and see how it looked. Best of luck!!

BINGO!!! Thats what it ended up being. Dealer even said it was more than likely and oversight on their part and replacing it for free

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom