Hellcat Wrangler?

Mzone

Probably like flushing a toilet.:yup:

With big tires and gears in a JK probably. In the car, according the Car and Driver, they are claiming:

"The Cat has earned an EPA highway fuel-economy rating of 22 mpg when equipped with the eight-speed automatic transmission."

I'd give it a go. :yup:

Hot94Z28

With the added supercharger I bet it would be fun on the street but how much does it weigh? I think that's why most do the LS swap not only for power but most weigh the same as the 3.6 right? I think for off-roading you would not want to be real nose heavy right?

So out of sheer morbid curiosity I emailed them trying to get more info on it... this is what I got back for useful info:

• We are producing only 50 of these unique machines each with custom badging and a numbered dash plaque
  • The 6.2L supercharged Hellcat V8 rated at 707hp and 650 lb-ft of torque is the heart of this Wrangler
  • A beefed up version of the Mercedes-Benz 5G-Tronic or W5A580 automatic transmission (with manual mode) is utilized to handle Hellcat torque
  • Dana 44 front and rear axles with 4:10 gears and locking differentials
  • Equipped with a 4:1 low NP241OR transfer-case
  • Upgraded braking system with four wheel disk brakes featuring larger twin piston calipers and slotted rotors
  • A wider, more aggressive stance with 17'' alloy wheels and 35'' Nitto all terrain tires
  • Bilstien shocks and sport tuned suspension
  • Each will feature a complete River Raider body package that includes:
  • Steel or aluminum high clearance fenders
  • Steel Bumpers with LED lighting front and rear and a Warn winch
  • Steel or Aluminum rocker armor with built in step bar
  • High Flow Cowl Hood
  • Flowmaster exhaust system
  • Complete vehicle packages starting at $95k

Doesn't really seem worth the $100K price tag...Seems fairly stock except for the engine and tranny... Not really sure how long those D44's are going to last with that kind of power. That's a lot of juice to throw at basically factory diff's. Most of those parts are complete bolt on....

Don't get me wrong, that kind of power in a wrangler, although ridiculous... would still be fun... I like the idea. However for what you get and the price tag being asked... just don't add up.

MICP3309

Doesn't really seem worth the $100K price tag...Seems fairly stock except for the engine and tranny... However for what you get and the price tag being asked... just don't add up.

THIS.. being I was quoted $26,000 for a 6.4L HEMI INSTALLED!!! along with the new transmission. (which nicely enough when bought through the right channels gives you a new Chrysler power train warrenty) and that transfer case is the rubicon transfer case, and since both axles are D44, im assuming they would use a Rubicon for this conversion.

So now you have (rounded) 30,000 engine and trans, + 1500 bumpers, 1500 brakes, 1250 for the hood, 3000 for fenders and rockers, 1000 shocks, 1500 lift, 1000 wheels, 1500 tires..
TOTAL: roughly $42,000. now thats without labor (except for some added in for engine swap)

Now if you have to supply the vehicle thats a 45000 profit for them, if they bought the vehicles (with every option on a 2015 Rubicon MSRP is 42,000) makes total $84,000, which is still $11,000 worth of labor (and profit) to bolt on bumpers, lift, ect.) Thats just insane!

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
In wondering how they are going to do the integration between the mbz tranny and Mopar computer. Last time I checked they aren't on the list of "go to tuners". It's also well known that the 6.4L Hemi guys have had a hard time keeping their rigs cool. The hellcat challenger platform has a specially designed cooling system. How is the heat created from another 200 hp going to be dissipated? Not saying it can't be done but I've called some of the best supercar tuners in the world to see if they would be willing to do such a swap and guarantee a cool running rig without going to MAJOR Chassis changes for big race radiators and aftermarket engine management computers and no one has bit yet. Now these guys say they can do it? Let's just say I'm skeptical. Mid they pull it off, great but I still wouldn't be sending my rig to them

Last edited:
Top Bottom