Hello from Anacortes, WA!

Linda R

Hello everyone! I just came cross this forum and looking forward to doing some research and learning more! I own a 2012 Gecko Green JKU that I bought when she was just 2 years old! Still no name though (I didn't know that was a thing until a year ago!). This year is the first time we have done any mods on her outside of the steel Rubicon bumpers that we installed right after I drove her out from the midwest! New LED head and tail lights from JW Speaker, a WARN Zeon winch, new rock rails arrived on Thursday from LOD Offroad in Indiana, new fenders are ordered from MetalCloak (I've managed to tear the rear passenger side fender off twice now since this past July - both times on a trail and finally skid plates from Artec are on order. I discovered off-roading two years ago when I joined the Ladies Offroad Network and drove to Moab to learn. I did four progressively more difficult trails and had some amazing training from amazing women! That's me in a nutshell outside of kids and grandkids - oh and hubby too ;)

So to all of you here on Wayalife - ✌️🖐👋

SunsetHill

Hi and welcome. I am brand new here, too, and I see you live up the road from me a ways. And you have a lot more experience, as I have none!

Linda R

Welcome to Wayalife.
Thank you!
Hi and welcome. I am brand new here, too, and I see you live up the road from me a ways. And you have a lot more experience, as I have none!
Best way to learn IMHO is to connect with a group of people and go. My trek to Moab two years ago was awesome! Check out the PNW4WD Association (https://pnw4wda.org/). We are in process of joining the Rainier Ridge Rams out of Bellingham - went camping and wheeling with them at Walker Valley ORV east of Mount Vernon this past weekend. Great group of people. Majority are very helpful and want to help you learn. Trails Jamboree next summer will be good too. We went this year. Met a couple that drove over from Montana - his first time wheeling and he did awesome! We even ended up going to help buck bales of hay - hubby at least. I drove the truck hauling the hay! Shoot me a PM if it's allowed and would be happy to connect.

Top Bottom