Hello from Colorado

GearHead71

I will probably end up with a leveling kit and 285s but I'm still considering the leveling kit, trimmed fenders and 315s or 35s.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Andy5160

Hooked
Thanks. I've actually researched quite a bit and haven't heard anything bad about the teraflex 1.5 inch leveling kit (pucks). As far as a leveling kit goes anyway. Obviously there are better solutions for lifts but for 150 bucks it's hard to beat. What should I know about that leveling kit? I really am curious.

I really just want something small to fit a little bit larger tire.

Thanks!

The only negative thing i heard about Teraflex LK is that if you go with an aftermarket heavy bumper and winch, at some point you will notice slight sagging of the front \.It happened to two of the guys i know who had the kit. It does no mean Teraflex is bad it means what stress are you intent to put it under.
If i were you i would go with EVO leveling kit and plush ride springs. Yes the cost is greater but you get what you pay for even if you have no intention to stress the components it pays off in the long run. Again this is my opinion and this is what i would do. Good luck once again !

GearHead71

The only negative thing i heard about Teraflex LK is that if you go with an aftermarket heavy bumper and winch, at some point you will notice slight sagging of the front \.It happened to two of the guys i know who had the kit. It does no mean Teraflex is bad it means what stress are you intent to put it under.
If i were you i would go with EVO leveling kit and plush ride springs. Yes the cost is greater but you get what you pay for even if you have no intention to stress the components it pays off in the long run. Again this is my opinion and this is what i would do. Good luck once again !
Perfect, thanks. So for now all I'm planning on doing is adding the wheel spacers, leveling kit and tires (just need to pick a size). And also turning my stock front bumper into a stubby either with the VDP end caps or just using the stock ends.

Down the road (probably 2 years) I would consider a real lift, 35s, new front bumper, etc but for now I'm on a pretty tight budget and don't have a need for any of that.

To confuse matters further in tire size I'm considering going to a 285/75/17 (maybe ridge grappler). I feel this is a good compromise between the 285/70/17 and 315/70/17. It's narrower than the 315 so should do better in snow but taller than the 285/70 so it should give me the look I'm going for.

Does anyone have any experience with 285/75/17 on a leveling kit? Will I still need to trim my flares or could I get away with just properly bump stopping it. I don't do anything too crazy off road.

Top Bottom