Hello from future JK owner in Alexandria, VA

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Welcome to the WAYALIFE family! If your going to stick with basic mods, Id definatley go with a Rubi. If you plan on replacing/upgrading axles, suspension, etc then I would say go with a sport and upgrade as you can afford it. I personally love the soft top. It part of why I love my Jeeps, I can take the top down with (relative) ease and kick the doors off when I want. I had a hardtop for my CJ7 and it ended up as a shlef in the garage! Anyways, congrats on getting back into the Jeep world soon! :standing wave:

ScottC

So...frustrated...

My truck broke down not once, but twice this past weekend. I finally had enough after replacing the starter, so I decided to head over to the local Jeep dealership to see what my options were. I laid out my specifications, they did the search, and discovered that what I wanted did not exist within a 500 mile radius. So...now the decision has to be made about the timing of ordering one, not to mention all the goodies that I want on it. Looks like the Billet Silver 2013 JKUR's are a thing of the past.

Does anyone know what updates were made for the 2014 model year?

Does anyone want a 2005 GMC Sierra with 190500 miles and a brand new starter (and alternator...and battery...and instrument cluster...and oil pressure sensor...and...)

KPM171

So...frustrated...

My truck broke down not once, but twice this past weekend. I finally had enough after replacing the starter, so I decided to head over to the local Jeep dealership to see what my options were. I laid out my specifications, they did the search, and discovered that what I wanted did not exist within a 500 mile radius. So...now the decision has to be made about the timing of ordering one, not to mention all the goodies that I want on it. Looks like the Billet Silver 2013 JKUR's are a thing of the past.

Does anyone know what updates were made for the 2014 model year?

Does anyone want a 2005 GMC Sierra with 190500 miles and a brand new starter (and alternator...and battery...and instrument cluster...and oil pressure sensor...and...)

Sorry to hear about your truck, but hell yeah to getting into a Jeep sooner! Let me know if you'd like to give my Jeep lady a shot to see if she can beat the price you are getting at your dealership. Out of curiosity, what's the feature/option combo that's making it difficult to find? For me, it was the side impact air bags. They could find everything else I wanted but not with side impact air bags.

Looks like there aren't a lot of changes for 2014 other than some new colors, clear markers and turn signal covers and a different model or two. http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?8449-2014-Jeep-JK-Wrangler-to-See-Minor-Changes

ScottC

They could find everything else I wanted but not with side impact air bags.

Looks like there aren't a lot of changes for 2014 other than some new colors, clear markers and turn signal covers and a different model or two. http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?8449-2014-Jeep-JK-Wrangler-to-See-Minor-Changes

KP, are you saying you did or did not want the side impact air bags. I had a question about that one when going through the specs for pricing. Any reason in particular why you would want them or why not?

KPM171

KP, are you saying you did or did not want the side impact air bags. I had a question about that one when going through the specs for pricing. Any reason in particular why you would want them or why not?

I did want side impact airbags, but most of the JKURs that the dealer found using their vehicle locator didn't seem to have them. I wanted them b/c I believe that air bags save lives and with this rig pulling double duty as a toy and a family hauler, a little more safety was worth it imho. Here's hoping I never have to use them tho.

ScottC

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1375894827.680929.jpg
So...I guess I HAVE to buy the Jeep now that I bought this. If I put this bottle in the Jeep with me, can I count that as my first mod?

Top Bottom