Hello from Missouri

jb0215066

I have always loved jeeps, although I was never able to afford one.
I bought a pretty much totaled 2007 jku sahara for a really good price.
The bad:
The motor had blown rings, by blown rings, I mean 2" of oil in the air filter.
The radiator had a giant crack in it.
The rims were chrome, very pitted and missing lug nuts.
The breaks were so worn down, I had to get new rotors, pads, and calipers
The front two fenders were gone.
The top had a giant hole in the back and broken framework.
The passenger side tub was all caved in from running off the road.
One mirror was broke
There were no carpets
There was a bunch of mold inside from sitting with a busted top.
The tires were bald and so badly worn that the person before me was told it had death wobble, which it did not.
And of corse pretty much all the linkage in the front was worn pretty bad.

The good:
I now owned my first Jeep!
And it had an adjustable track bar.

The project began.

My wife and I changed out the motor to a jasper reman 3.8. When I say my wife and I, I mean we did all the work, until I became active in my local branch Jeep thing and received help from other members much later down the road.
New radiator
New brakes all around including rotors, calipers and one break line.

I drove it like that for a while not being able to go over 45 from the shake. Did a lot of research on death wobble and figured that was not the case.
Ended up rotating the tires and it got much better,
Then put all new linkage in the front, just cheap oreilly brand.

Went to Jeep stock and fell in love. Also caught the bug.
Picked up some smittybilt metal high clearance fenders.
I was able to get a top and door surround from a 2015 Rubi for a very good price from a local guy I met at lowes. It's the sail cloth kind, which I like.
Over the corse of the next few months, I was able to:
Do a 3" lift from bds ( which I wouldt much recomend)
17" pro comp non headlock wheels
35" nitro trail grapplers
A cheap steal front bumper from amazon.
A smittybilt 10k waterproof winch.
Ruff stuff tie rod
New wheel bearing
New u joints
Used Rubi front driveshaft, thanks to a good friend of mine with the Jeep named puddin
Fire stick and cb radio

I'm going to try to post some before, during and after pics.
Of corse you've got all the other stick on things that don't amount to much. Oh, and new mirrors and carpets

Now, after wheeling the crap out of it and trying to keep up with all the rubis surrounding me
I'm in the market for lockers, and rock sliders. I'm on a budget of about 1700 right now.
So the way we have figured it out is that I can either lock the 44 in the rear, most likely auburn because they seem to be strong at good price, and build my own sliders with square tubing, trying to mimic ace rails.
Or my other thought was to try to find an already locked Rubi 44 to replace the 30. I don't think I was to put a locker in the 30 just to break it and wish I had a 44.
And here I am today.

Welcome to WAL. Participate and learn. Have thick skin. Know that this forum is very protective and will call bullshit out as they see it and as long as you follow the rules you will be fine. You stick around long enough you will see all kinds pass through. From my experience here, most are really good and generous people and there is a wealth of knowledge here. Nice Jeep by the way. Looks like it has come a long way since you started!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom