Hello Guys and Gals -

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

Here are some pics, in same order as list above. Ill post a couple links as well to the CJ7 and Yj builds for those interested, however they are on another forum, if not allowed, please delete.

1. 1979 CJ7 -sold

2. 2000 TJ X (Dana 35 ) sold

3. 2001 TJ Sahara (Dana 44 ) sold

4. 2005 LJ Rubicon Sahara - the One that got away.....wish i never sold this jeep

5. 2006 LJ Rubicon with a Hemi Swap - only bought to make some cash by selling - pic is with my homebuilt adventure trailer

6. 2008 JK Sahara (Wife's Jeep) -sold for a bigger family vehicle - Only Pic I could find

7. 1980 Cj5 - sold to my dad to find CJ7 restoration

7. 1985 Jeep CJ7 (Fully restored by me - can provide link to Jeep forum for anyone interested - sold like a dumb dumb
As Purchased:

After Restoration:

8. 1948 Willys Cj2a - In the side barn awaiting some work.
My son and I - aka one of the reasons I am moving into a JK

as purchase:

9. 1992 YJ (gift from my dad - Currently building)
Current Stage:

As traded for:

10. 2015 JKU Hard Rock - Just bought about two weeks ago.

CJ7 resto-mod:

YJ

enjoy!

Kevin

I hope you don't mind, but I removed the links to competing forums, as it is a violation of the rules of this site. Feel free to screenshot photos, and add them here, though.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Kbarwall

Nice looking jeeps! Welcome to WAL from TX. What are your plans for the new JKU HR?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks! Honestly, I am not sure exactly. One thing is for sure, I would like to button up the YJ project prior to starting to deep into the JK.

My intention with buying the JK was to create a family-centric rig that allowed us to go explore and create memories together. My kids are only 3.5 and 1.5, so my oldest is starting to get into jeep-ing and what not and enjoys heading out with dad, my wife also enjoys the lifestyle, but my youngest just isn't quite in the mobile mode, yet.

My initial thoughts were as follows;

Soon-ish Mods (insurance/prep for 37's):
-General Maintenance - change all fluids, flush out the radiator and coolant system
-change out thermostat/housing (is there a non plastic housing replacement?)
-Potentially change out radiator if needed
-extend all my breathers to airbox
-CB Radio
-Truss/ Gusset Front Axle
-Truss Rear Axle
-Big Brake upgrade - likely TF
-AEV Rear tire Carrier for my factory hard rock bumper

then re-asses my goals/build style and plan out lift/tires/wheels. As I said, I am not looking to build then end all be all crawler but just a solid all around weekend warrior explorer. From my initial research I am leaning towards an EvO enforcer and some nice shocks, but I will finalize that with time.

In the mean time, I am excited to take this jeep out in mostly stock form, its always fun and challenging and also to learn from you all. The one thing I am definitely planning on is making it out to EJS next year. I know its probably not the best wheeling time because of how busy it is, but it is a bucket list item and my brother and I were planning on taking our jeeps out for 2018.

Regards,
Kevin

Top Bottom