HELP! 2015 JKUR HOTOIL light, jeep won’t turn on

mattfl

Wheeling up here in wind rock I got the HOTOIL message in the dash with all the bells. Turned the Jeep off and now it won’t turn back on. I get all the dash lights, the hot oil message is still there but never turns over. Anyone heard of this happening before??

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Happened to ours a couple weeks ago being in 4HI, 'HOT OIL' light was flashing. We shut it off, put it in 4LO and all was good. I was told that that particular indicator is for trans fluid, sure enough we had a stored code for 'Trans overtemp.' So make sure your fluid is full also. As far as it not starting, not sure about that one.

WJCO

Meme King
Do you have any procal or scan tool to check for codes? Sounds like maybe it went limp mode after it happened. And any major water crossings before this happened?

mattfl

Do you have any procal or scan tool to check for codes? Sounds like maybe it went limp mode after it happened. And any major water crossings before this happened?

Nope no water. And we have a scan tool and there are some codes but most of them are related to when we disconnected the ECM thinking it needed to be reset. There’s only one code we can’t find the meaning of and it’s

U11C2

BaddestCross

Nope no water. And we have a scan tool and there are some codes but most of them are related to when we disconnected the ECM thinking it needed to be reset. There’s only one code we can’t find the meaning of and it’s

U11C2

U11c2 - Implausible/Missing Transmission

Have you cleared all codes and tried to start? Check to make sure all cables/connectors on the trans are good.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

mattfl

Fucking fixed it! Wire loom that sits at the front of the jeep on the frame got pinched by my drag link when I caught a little air coming off a hill, managed to cut 2 wires. Image1507933836.966806.jpg

Bout to solder up the wire and get back out on the trails!

WJCO

Meme King
Wow. Props on finding it so quickly. That's a rare one for the books. Glad you found the problem.

Top Bottom