HELP/advice!

black pearl

Hooked
Breaker bar is a "real" tool... Long, with probably a 1/2" or 3/8" drive end. Cheater bar is just a strong pipe/tube that you can slide over the end of the breaker bar to give you that extra leverage.

Breaker bar
View attachment 238184

Cheater bar
View attachment 238185

But on this picture, the cheater bar is on a ratchet, which isn't a good idea because you can strip the teeth inside of the head.

Hope this helps you out.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Haha I have destroyed more ratchets that I'd like to say doing that because I'm too lazy to switch to my breaker bar

JKbrick

I had one that a buddy gave me, told me he got it from eBay and it broke the first time I tried breaking the torque on my track bar.
Bought a HF one and have had it for about 2 years so when I needed a 3/8" breaker bar, I just bought another HF one. No issues.

Would I rather have a snap on one? Yeah, but I don't have the money to spend on it. Still happy with my purchase.

I've purchased snap on tools off eBay, good tools at a good price if you are patient and watch for what you need

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
So is the track bar still on the car? If so, it may be easier to remove it and put it in a vice.

So I took the track bar off. I do have a press that I used as a vice. Tried about 3' of cheater bar along with a bfh. No luck at all.... not sure what to do at this point

ScoobyCarolanNC

Great tool to have. You don't have to go real expensive, but don't go cheap either. You don't want that thing breaking when you have all your weight on it. I've had good luck with auto parts store ones. I wouldn't get a random cheapy on eBay though.

Definitely don't go harbor freight. Craftsman is probably with quality/price sweet spot.

Sent from my duck blind.

Breer

Caught the Bug
So I took the track bar off. I do have a press that I used as a vice. Tried about 3' of cheater bar along with a bfh. No luck at all.... not sure what to do at this point

I am not sure if your angry enough. It won't come out until your so mad you want to smash it and start throwing random things.

Similar to how a USB will not plug in until you have turned it around a minimum of 2 times.

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
I am not sure if your angry enough. It won't come out until your so mad you want to smash it and start throwing random things.

Similar to how a USB will not plug in until you have turned it around a minimum of 2 times.

Oh I'm angry lol, already had the bfh bounce and land on my hand.

I suppose I could put this in a metal crusher and get the synergy trac bar lol

132JKPNW

Try more heat haha!
I've had the get metal glowing hot before breaking it. Just be careful of how the heat transfers into heat sensitive parts. Even after breaking something free after red hot, never gave me an issue putting it back together once it was fully cooled. Takes some time and patience.

Last edited:
Top Bottom