Help Help Help! Need some WOL Support

Mallard8767

The wheels and tires are off the 08... since I want to go to 35s quickly I figured I'd use em to up the trade in value.

Plan right now is 2.5 TF budget boost, 35x12.5x15 km2s on level 8 trackers and probably a fender / front bumper chop.

Strizzy, where you running 35s with just a fender chop or do you have a lift? Ps DUNE was my second color choice but the fiancee said she wouldn't ride with me :eek:

Any opinions on just the TF BB? The Rubi springs and shocks seem like they should be able to hang until I can pay off some of this dept :banghead:

Sent from my SCH-I535 using WAYALIFE mobile app

StrizzyChris

The wheels and tires are off the 08... since I want to go to 35s quickly I figured I'd use em to up the trade in value.

Plan right now is 2.5 TF budget boost, 35x12.5x15 km2s on level 8 trackers and probably a fender / front bumper chop.

Strizzy, where you running 35s with just a fender chop or do you have a lift? Ps DUNE was my second color choice but the fiancee said she wouldn't ride with me :eek:

Any opinions on just the TF BB? The Rubi springs and shocks seem like they should be able to hang until I can pay off some of this dept :banghead:

Yeah, I have no suspension mods(installed yet) and able to easily run 35" nitto muds. All I did was trim the fenders and install 1.5" spidertrax wheels spacers. I have only done mild offroading so thats all I needed BUT if you disco and any kind of wheeling you will also want bump stop extensions. And if you dont have a post jan or feb 2013 build date on your JK, youll also need to trim your front pinch seam

To get better wheel travel, that the bump stop extension's eliminated, then something like the TF BB would be great. To be honest almost every BB system is the same. You'll mostly want to make sure it addresses the sway links in some way, brake line relocation, rear track bar. To save money you can get the shock extensions or thrown in a little more and get something like bilstein shocks.

Tackerdown

Banned
Even with a 2.5 BB with shocks don't you need to be careful that at full droop your front drive shaft doesn't rub?

Sent from my PC36100 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Mallard8767

Even with a 2.5 BB with shocks don't you need to be careful that at full droop your front drive shaft doesn't rub?

Not sure... I thought 3" was the general limit... anyone have experience?

Mallard8767

Yeah, I have no suspension mods(installed yet) and able to easily run 35" nitto muds. All I did was trim the fenders and install 1.5" spidertrax wheels spacers. I have only done mild offroading so thats all I needed BUT if you disco and any kind of wheeling you will also want bump stop extensions. And if you dont have a post jan or feb 2013 build date on your JK, youll also need to trim your front pinch seam

To get better wheel travel, that the bump stop extension's eliminated, then something like the TF BB would be great. To be honest almost every BB system is the same. You'll mostly want to make sure it addresses the sway links in some way, brake line relocation, rear track bar. To save money you can get the shock extensions or thrown in a little more and get something like bilstein shocks.

Thanks for the heads up!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

Not sure... I thought 3" was the general limit... anyone have experience?

from everything i have read from Eddie on here 3" of lift is when you need to get a new front drive shaft. 1310 or 1350 from JE Reel is what Eddie would recommend. :D

Tackerdown

Banned
from everything i have read from Eddie on here 3" of lift is when you need to get a new front drive shaft. 1310 or 1350 from JE Reel is what Eddie would recommend. :D

I thought with an auto it is still (possible ) that a 2.5 lift with shocks could give you enough droop that the potential of hitting the drive shaft boot is there. Maybe not a given.I even have a 2.5 spacer lift with shock extensions brackets and some how my front boot clamp got loosened. I noticed a little grease ,so I tightened it back up and all is good. It could have been a branch or something I don't know.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I thought with an auto it is still (possible ) that a 2.5 lift with shocks could give you enough droop that the potential of hitting the drive shaft boot is there. Maybe not a given.I even have a 2.5 spacer lift with shock extensions brackets and some how my front boot clamp got loosened. I noticed a little grease ,so I tightened it back up and all is good. It could have been a branch or something I don't know.

yea could of been the "twig" you were dragging for a bit last time we were at Rausch :cheesy:

Mallard8767

This ones a manual... the goal is to clear 35s as "cost effectively" as possible.

Top Bottom