HELP!!! Illinois Vehicle Laws???!

Clutch

Caught the Bug
A little off topic. Just wondering what the terrain is like. Are you able to do most things on 35s?

GRBG TRK http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?38800-Garbage-Truck-(GRBG-TRK)
Wetter than Tucson, haha. Seriously, they are usually wooded, a little tight and twisty. You'll see some short but steep climbs and some of the rocks are sharp. Mud here and there. Always a good time though. My favorite type of trails are dry creek beds with some ledges to climb up and drop off.

35's are perfect for 2 doors around here. If it's too big, I just don't do it.

Hope your​ family member gets well soon!
Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

gmb425

Can anybody from Illinois tell me what a Jeep is registered under? Illinois state law says that trucks must have mud flaps. So I'm trying to determine how Illinois views a Jeep. Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-G920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

SDG

Caught the Bug
Can anybody from Illinois tell me what a Jeep is registered under? Illinois state law says that trucks must have mud flaps. So I'm trying to determine how Illinois views a Jeep. Thanks in advance

If I recall correctly you can tell by looking at the plate...

In CA it was all numbers except for the 2nd character was a letter...

In IN, I think trucks got all numbers (been a long time since I lived there, but there is some distinguishing factor clearly visible on the plate).

I would assume IL is the same way, look it up on Google, MUST be something.

Sent from my SM-G955U using WAYALIFE mobile app

sassmouth

You can register as either a truck or car. I see no advantage to register as a truck. Most register as a car. I rarely do I see a jeep with truck plates

Sent from my SM-G935V using WAYALIFE mobile app

steve_bk

You'll be fine in IL. The laws are old and no one pays attention to them unless you get pulled over for something else by an A-Hole cop. You won't be pulled over JUST for all the stuff you mentioned, Mud Flaps, Larger Tires, Stubby Bumper, Etc. If your speeding and get caught a jerk cop might start writing you up for the extra stuff.

gmb425

Top Bottom