Help me build 4” lift on a tight budget

USMC Wrangler

You’re missing a bolt on that evo skid too.

Not sure how I missed your reply before, but thanks. I did notice that. I had to run a tap and get a new bolt, but it’s been replaced now.
I did the exact thing you are proposing a few years ago. Here are some considerations I've found.

1. EVO 4" plush rides on my 4 door still sit at 4.5" of actual lift. They ride great and I love them.
2. I used Artec weld-on track bar brackets front and rear. Cheap and easy to weld if you have the capability.
3. Definitely use a d link flip. Sounds like you're already planning on it.
4. I needed adjustable front control arms, one pair is plenty, probably lowers are best.
5. Stock rear control arms were perfect for 4" lift and my CV driveshaft. Pinion angle is net 0 degrees with d shaft angle.
6. My stock front d shaft grenaded in 5k miles after lift. Replace it now.

37" related issues:
1. balljoints shit the bed pretty quick. Replaced with the new Teraflex joints. Love them
2. Unit bearings dont like heavy tire/wheel combo and low backspacing (3.5"). replace them.
3. I trussed, sleeved the front axle. I like it, cheap and decent insurance. I wheel pretty tough trails, no issues yet.

That's all I can think of for now.

P.S. Good to see another Arizonan!

I recently installed Dynatrac ProSteers and new unit bearings, so all good there. Got the DL flip done and already had RK FLCA’s. New front DS due to arrive today. It’s interesting you mention the rear control arms. I bought a set of uppers and got a crappy pinion angle. Removed before even driving it and put the stockers back on, and looks/drives great.

With adjustable uppers, as short as they would go...

IMG_7759.jpg

Back to stock

IMG_7776.jpg

I’ve never heard or read anything about Currie springs and can’t find much as far as reviews still. To me, they ride great and compared to the EVO Leveling Kit springs, I’d say they are very similar in “feel”. I’ve got my 9000’s set at 3 on all four corners and it feels like a good balance between firmness when needed but not harsh at all.

I just replaced my 35’s with Coopers in the metric 35. So I’ll be on these for a couple years. If I do decide to make the jump to 37’s, I’ll be upgrading my front axle and skipping the truss/sleeve on a D30 before the 37’s. Plus I have a spare D30 housing. If I do break this one, it’ll be a pretty easy swap. If I break a 2nd, well PR44 for me. Thanks for your input. [emoji1303]

Last edited:
Top Bottom