Help me spend my money!

Flyboy88

Well, around here, we don't really have the rock crawling like the guys out west. It's more mud than anything.

Was also wondering just how accurate this chart is?

Sent from my XT1030 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Attachments

• 1420200873081.jpg
    1420200873081.jpg
    229 KB · Views: 88

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Well, around here, we don't really have the rock crawling like the guys out west. It's more mud than anything.

Was also wondering just how accurate this chart is?

the chart is pretty spot on.

im gonna rewind a min here for you and give you my :twocents:. if i were you i would get 40's out of your head and go with 37's. with 37's you do a lot and like you said we dont have the wicked rocks like out west but we still have them. if i were you i would go with some 37" nittos (37/12.5r17), front prorock 44 (run your stock rear as it is a true dana 44 and can take the 37's), evo enforcer lift in 3 or 4 inches with rancho rs9000 shocks, and a front 1350 DS. this set up will help keep cost down, be EXTREAMLY capable of anything you throw at it, and look good as well.

Trail JK

the chart is pretty spot on.

im gonna rewind a min here for you and give you my :twocents:. if i were you i would get 40's out of your head and go with 37's. with 37's you do a lot and like you said we dont have the wicked rocks like out west but we still have them. if i were you i would go with some 37" nittos (37/12.5r17), front prorock 44 (run your stock rear as it is a true dana 44 and can take the 37's), evo enforcer lift in 3 or 4 inches with rancho rs9000 shocks, and a front 1350 DS. this set up will help keep cost down, be EXTREAMLY capable of anything you throw at it, and look good as well.

^^^this is good! It will not disappoint it can take you on any trail and if you want more down the line such as coilovers you haven't lost your shirt.

Flyboy88

Yeah, looks like I'm probably going with 37s. Can always build it on up down the road if I still want bigger!

So going with the chart, everyone agree 4.56s would likely be a good match for 37s on a daily driver?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Yeah, looks like I'm probably going with 37s. Can always build it on up down the road if I still want bigger!

So going with the chart, everyone agree 4.56s would likely be a good match for 37s on a daily driver?

i would do 4.88's. it will be good as a DD and great on the trail. also allows for more wiggle room if you do decide to upgrade to 40's later down the road.

UpsideUp

Hey Coz...and everybody really...would you suggest this set up for us west coasters as well or would you just jump to what Canvas suggests? I'm in a manual.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Hey Coz...and everybody really...would you suggest this set up for us west coasters as well or would you just jump to what Canvas suggests? I'm in a manual.

yup! i would suggest it to everyone really. its a great set up and one i am working towards myself on my 2 door.

UpsideUp

Thanks for the response. I know all the bells and whistles would be great with coil overs and full floats and such but as I'm building slow I was hoping there was another way. The PR44 is obviously a huge cost out right but alot of the mods you suggested are what I went with with my 35's. So I was hoping a 44 up front with a locker and 4.88 were the direction I was going...then 37's lastly. So arb twin air compressor first, then gearing and locker in rear is step two, then front axle with locker, then tires is my direction I think.

Flyboy88

Obviously it's not a huge concern or I wouldn't be going to 37s to begin with, but what sort of gas mileage can you expect with 4.56s? With 4.88s?

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
I can only tell you my experience. I have a pr44/trail 60 with 4.88s and heavy 37x13.5 toyos. I avg about 13-15 around town when it's warm and about 12 on the hwy because we all drive about 80 mph in Michigan lol. It's pretty flat here and mine still drops from 5th to 4th on slight grades with 4.88s. 4.56 with 37s you'd have trouble maintaining 5th at hwy spd.

Sent from my SM-G900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

bkac

Caught the Bug
I have an auto with 513 in the heavy Toyo 37's. I live in Oregon in a very hilly and mountainous where I'm at. I absolutely love the 513 was the 37th and can pull many hills without the transmission downshifting but I can also tell you my gas mileage is around 10-11mpgs.

bkac

Caught the Bug
Just to go into this a little deeper I am also running a PR 44 with full skids sliders bumpers winch spare etc, I weighed the Jeep the other day and with myself and a full tank of fuel it was right at 6100 pounds with the 5 toyos and beadlocks. One thing you might want to take into consideration is the extra weight that you will be adding to the Jeep.

Top Bottom