Help needed. Found this when changing brake pads

Ddays

Hooked
I'm definitely no torque master but I literally had to jump multiple times to break the lug nuts and I'm 215lbs. That seems crazy. No telling what they torqued it to.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using WAYALIFE mobile app

If you struggled that much to remove your lugs chances are those assholes could have stretched the rest of those studs. I had a shop do this on a vehicle of mine and I couldn't get the lugs off. The had to use a 4 foot breaker bar to get em off. A week later 3 studs broke off the rear axle while my wife was driving it. I would check those lug nuts frequently to make sure they aren't working loose. If they are id go back and raise hell with that shop.

WJCO

Meme King
Fucking sucks. We just dealt with this on our JK. Tire shop fucked it up and offered to pay for it. We had just taken it in for a tire balance. I just told them to give me a new lug nut. Luckily I used a die and cleaned up the threads myself. I was talking to an automotive buddy of mine. He won't even bring his vehicle in anymore, he just drops off the tires. He said they still fuck it up. Even with loose wheels, they managed to break two of his tpms sensors and put weights in the wrong spot. Can't trust nobody anymore.

JKbrick

Fucking sucks. We just dealt with this on our JK. Tire shop fucked it up and offered to pay for it. We had just taken it in for a tire balance. I just told them to give me a new lug nut. Luckily I used a die and cleaned up the threads myself. I was talking to an automotive buddy of mine. He won't even bring his vehicle in anymore, he just drops off the tires. He said they still fuck it up. Even with loose wheels, they managed to break two of his tpms sensors and put weights in the wrong spot. Can't trust nobody anymore.

I agree, when I got my tires balanced after I got my slabs I took them in loose. When I got home there were weights laying loose in the back of the truck. Wtf? You can't wipe the rim down with something to clean it first, it's a f'ing sticker after all. I just ate the cost, cleaned them really well, and went somewhere else.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

nbunga

Caught the Bug
I agree, when I got my tires balanced after I got my slabs I took them in loose. When I got home there were weights laying loose in the back of the truck. Wtf? You can't wipe the rim down with something to clean it first, it's a f'ing sticker after all. I just ate the cost, cleaned them really well, and went somewhere else.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

What do you expect when you take them to the tire nazi[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom