Help. Quick answer needed. I'm Concerned about Engine Noise and Non-start

10frank9

Web Wheeler
I need computer forum 101 classes to keep up with the threads. I missed this reply like I missed your reply on the California or Bust thread. :doh:

The dealership is saying that it will be done tomorrow afternoon. But just in case they don't finish in time, do you know where I might score a Jeep for the upcoming trip? You know, someone who has a stable of Jeeps and might be willing to lend one out for a short trip around the country? :cheesy:

I've got one Tom. I never use it, just ask Overlander, ttfhell and Rtguy1 :crazy eyes:

Strainger

Caught the Bug
Got the Jeep back in time for some road-trippin' fun. :clap2:

Final verdict on what was done;

Water pump and seal replaced.
Tensioner and belt replaced.
They found the bendix (?) on the starter sticking out and couldn't duplicate the no start episode so they replaced the starter.
When they took it for a test drive, the ESP light came on. They found a faulty wheel speed sensor and replaced it.

All of that was fixed under warrantee with no griping or jacking me around. And they finished ahead of their estimated time.

Let the games begin!

Strainger

Caught the Bug
I've got one Tom. I never use it, just ask Overlander, ttfhell and Rtguy1 :crazy eyes:

I thank you for the offer Frank. It turns out that I got my Jeep back in time and everything seems to be working just fine. But I have to say, tempting as your offer was, I couldn't really deprive you of you baby for almost 3 weeks. Well... :thinking:

10frank9

Web Wheeler
I thank you for the offer Frank. It turns out that I got my Jeep back in time and everything seems to be working just fine. But I have to say, tempting as your offer was, I couldn't really deprive you of you baby for almost 3 weeks. Well... :thinking:

hahaha thanks Tom. I will see you in a couple of weeks, God willing.

Btw what dealer did you use, being that you don't live too awfully far from me?

Strainger

Caught the Bug
Btw what dealer did you use, being that you don't live too awfully far from me?[/QUOTE]

I tried most of the closer dealerships with mediocre to substandard results. I ended up showing the most loyalty to the dealership where I bought the Jeep. They always have a smile. Always keep me in the loop. Never try to BS me about repairs or service. They are Jeep friendly and have always worked with me where mods or my tuner might come into play.

They shook my hand today and the last thing they said was; "You break it Tom, and we'll fix it."

The only drawback is that Victorville Motors is 50 miles away over Cajon Pass.

But that also works for me because I can call a retired buddy of mine that lives out there and he will come by and take me to a diner for food and to catch up on gossip.

Top Bottom