Hi-lift jack on the hood

Jeep_Dawg08

I would love to see some pics of the HiLift mounted to the back roll bar. I wanted to do this, but the ones I've found have it lower near the gate. I thought of mounting it higher up for clear access to the back area. Didn't know if it would cause an issue with the soft top or not. Any input?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I would love to see some pics of the HiLift mounted to the back roll bar. I wanted to do this, but the ones I've found have it lower near the gate. I thought of mounting it higher up for clear access to the back area. Didn't know if it would cause an issue with the soft top or not. Any input?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I will take some photos when I get home and post them on here.

Skirmish

Pics? I thought you'd never ask. :)

IMGP1463_zps77060f32.jpg

IMGP1464_zpsbaf5cc57.jpg

IMGP1476_zps546c284d.jpg

IMGP1516_zps5e981691.jpg

IMGP1517_zps99b96a51.jpg

Skirmish

Yes, good point.

The first time I needed the washer (a call came over my CB that if you take the hard line the sun will be directly in your eyes and I noticed my windshield was full of dust) it nailed the handle when I pulled the lever. If your mount puts the bar over the center of the hinge bolts flipping it should solve the problem.

mcpuck

Caught the Bug
I had the hi lift on the hood like that for a short time. Didn't like it. Looked too much like an Overlander.

orngcrushrgrl

I have the ACE mount and with the handle away from the windshield the wiper wash clears the jack. To the other responses about added weight to the hood, they mount to the hinge so the weight isn't really felt. It's a solid place to mount it and doesn't really block any view, in fact once I put the cage in the crossbar covers most of it anyway. Most rear mounts are a pain to get the jack off (chuckle) it is easy off, easy on with the hood.

We've got the ACE mounts as well and have had no problems. It's easier for me to get the jack off the hood mounts than out from under the back seat.

Gibbo

My jack mounts to the side of my rack when it's on. When it's not on it mounts on the hood. I'v taken out the footman loop on the hood and installed sprayers in those bolt holes, it sprays over the jack now with a hell of a lot more water than the stock ones. Not really an issue anyway, I never carry my jack when DD;)

Sent from my GT-I9000T using WAYALIFE mobile app

jhires

Question for those that have them on the hood. Does it impact visibility very badly? I don't particularly like the look of them there, but could see putting it there to keep it out of the mud and water.

Gibbo

Question for those that have them on the hood. Does it impact visibility very badly? I don't particularly like the look of them there, but could see putting it there to keep it out of the mud and water.

No issues there for me, others might have a different opinion maybe.

Sent from my GT-I9000T using WAYALIFE mobile app

DJCFHB

i had a high lift on the hood of my other jeep for a while. Didnt really have any problems with it. I couldnt use the windshield wiper sprayer but that was about it. Very little rattle ( off-road i would run a bungee cord from the base to the top), was very secure, and didnt have any visibility issues.
IMG_0150.jpg

Jersey_Devil

Well,every time I plan to do a mod,I research for days and then buy whatever I thought was the best choice ,but lately more often than not something comes up that I overlooked and bites my in the ass (example:the teraflex Hi-Lift bracket for the hinge won't work with my tail light grills)my bad,i should have watched the video.so if anyone would like to chime in ,

I'm contemplating moving it to the hood
1: What's the Best hood mount out there
2:is this a bad idea,yes,no
3:complications,rattles,safety issues

Let's hear it Ladies please :beer:

Got mine off ebay..... 40 bucks!

Uve seen mine... Here we are next to each other lol

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130312_233755.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130312_233755.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 121
  • ForumRunner_20130312_233812.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130312_233812.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 128
Got mine off ebay..... 40 bucks!

Uve seen mine... Here we are next to each other lol

got my doors off and top down already here in so cal...:rock: :wings: i hope you get the nice weather soon its been a struggle with the weather here hot cold hot cold but finally staying hot...not trying to brag either, just sayin

zip04

I would like to add that I bought a rubber silencer for my jack, so it doesn't rattle at all. Cost was about $8.

Skirmish

I would like to add that I bought a rubber silencer for my jack, so it doesn't rattle at all. Cost was about $8.

Yeah, I forgot about that. The Daystar handle isolator. They work great. No matter where you mount it you will want one.

Prime8

I had the Tough Stuff mount on my 2010 and it was great. Easy removal using two wing nuts and it is designed NOT to block your washer fluid. The first hood mount I had locked the fluid and I got rid of it. It blocks some visibility at the tip of your hood, but not much. It can also be fitted with 2 tools, like a shovel and an ax, instead of the jack. I never had good flutter with that setup, and drove on the highway daily with it. I thought hood flutter was a new phenomena when my 2013 started doing it (haven't remounted the hood rack yet).

Top Bottom