Hi, noob here

Lil_Dil

Welcome to WAL from AZ. I’ve had my jeep stock since I bought it, 1.5 years ago, and I just bought the first parts for my build. Go off-roading and have fun, read a lot, and watch videos. You’ll figure out where you want to go with your jeep after a while. This is a great place to get advice.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
I did that and quickly fell in love with it but when I gr8 the big tires and lift I Couodnt off road like i use to I kept getting stuck.

Lil_Dil

Lil_Dil

Welcome to the family from Redondo beach.
The best advice I ever got about my first jeep was, to take it out and play with it and enjoy it. You will learn alot about your jeep by driving it. You will be amazed just how much you actually can do with it. 👍

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app
I agree. I'm learning a lot but still a newbie. I wanna learn without messing up the first time though. Like I didn't know i needed to re gear

Lil_Dil

Oreo_penguin536

Welcome from Reno NV! If you’re ever out here message me and we can wheel!

Been off roading awhile (not all in jeeps) and the biggest 3 things I can tell you is

1: go slow and get to know your rig. You will learn your limits and your jeeps limits.

2: it isn’t about what you have, 35in tires and lifts don’t mean anything unless you are utilizing them. What matters is how you drive. I’m not saying it’s easy following a rig that is more set up than yours but it’s totally possible. (Pm me if you want stories[emoji23])

3: might sound stupid but carry a wheeling journal. Record what happened on the trip even if it was small. You can do it to look back and remember trails and trips/places to go or not go and it will help with your build.
As en example, I took my Jeep out for the first time a few days ago, did great but I noticed she was a little slippery in mud/wet dirt.I also noticed that I don’t have much flex/ articulation in the suspension and that I was having trouble keeping all 4 tires on the ground.
So instead of remembering everything that happened and that I need in my head, I write out
Slipping in wet-need tires/nittos?
Teeter totter-sway bar discos
3wheel motion-arb lockers
Can’t see- need crawl lights

You get the idea, that is right out of my wheeling journal verbatim. Now all I have to do is look back and prioritize what I need first.
The main this is have fun and remember to be safe.

Their is a saying that all the old motocross riders say
“You can’t win practice but you can sure as hell lose it”

Gbint

Yep, nice Jeep. Welcome to the money pit of all hobbies, but in a good way. I’ve been off-roading for almost 40 years and the better I get, the less mods I need. My near stock JK is doing same things my overbuilt M38 or M38A1 could do.

Lil_Dil

Welcome from Reno NV! If you’re ever out here message me and we can wheel!

Been off roading awhile (not all in jeeps) and the biggest 3 things I can tell you is

1: go slow and get to know your rig. You will learn your limits and your jeeps limits.

2: it isn’t about what you have, 35in tires and lifts don’t mean anything unless you are utilizing them. What matters is how you drive. I’m not saying it’s easy following a rig that is more set up than yours but it’s totally possible. (Pm me if you want stories[emoji23])

3: might sound stupid but carry a wheeling journal. Record what happened on the trip even if it was small. You can do it to look back and remember trails and trips/places to go or not go and it will help with your build.
As en example, I took my Jeep out for the first time a few days ago, did great but I noticed she was a little slippery in mud/wet dirt.I also noticed that I don’t have much flex/ articulation in the suspension and that I was having trouble keeping all 4 tires on the ground.
So instead of remembering everything that happened and that I need in my head, I write out
Slipping in wet-need tires/nittos?
Teeter totter-sway bar discos
3wheel motion-arb lockers
Can’t see- need crawl lights

You get the idea, that is right out of my wheeling journal verbatim. Now all I have to do is look back and prioritize what I need first.
The main this is have fun and remember to be safe.

Their is a saying that all the old motocross riders say
“You can’t win practice but you can sure as hell lose it”

I've actually off roaded once in Nevada. I saw a path off the road & drove on it was fun. I might go out there and of dec

Lil_Dil

Top Bottom