Hi there off road enthusiasts!!

olliechristopher

My name is Chris. Although I don't own a Jeep, I popped my head into this forum to get an idea of what the ownership is all about. I have been an offroad, street, touring, dual sport motorcycle rider most of my life. My wife and I are looking for something to take to the cabin and me off roading. It's between a 4Runner, 2 door Rubicon or2 door Ford Bronco. We have decided to hold off a year or 3 until all this crazy supply and prices calm down and recover.

I am currently 4 wheel rolling on a 2005 GMC Sierra base standard cab with 3" knuckle lift. No AC, manual roll up widows, NV3500 standard transmission, TruTrac diff with 3:73 gears and 265/70 x 17 Michelin Defender tires. Hardest trail it has seen is 3N16 Holcomb Creek East up to Yellow Post 34 to camp a few months back. Holcomb Creek West has been done both ways on my Beta.

My current motorcycles are a 2012 Beta 520RS dual sport and got rid of my money pit KTM 300EXC for a 2017 Super Tenere. I like camping and off roading a lot. I have been on all the major hard core trails in Cleveland, San Jacinto, Big Bear, Sequoia's, Sierras and all of SoCal deserts but most only on my dirt bikes and dual sport.

My best friend of over 50 years in the whole wide world (more like a brother) who passed away last year was a big Jeep enthusiast. When we went to the Oklahoma state fair back in 2006 or 2007 we saw the first Jeep Rubicon. At that time we were blown away at the features it had for hard off highway. Just before he died he was at the dealer looking at the Rubicon.

This was the last text of a pictures he sent me before he passed away. First ones are his Jeep JK he sunk in a river. Second ones were of the new Rubicon he was getting ready to purchase.

Owners please take note. Once the water level gets to the dash the electronics go haywire and vehicle dies. He told me the electronics fail and engine dies long before water ingresses into the intake. The mud damage occurred during recovery. I'm not sure where this happened. It was a popular river near his favorite deer hunting spot in Oklahoma.

Thank you for letting me be part of the community. And thanks for all the cool videos Eddie!!
1641C5A5-BB32-47FC-8C12-96F807328A39.jpeg 0F9D8ADF-7DB3-44F9-BEEB-23B8EEDDF741.jpeg F8EE55AE-99E3-418E-BE76-4563242A4CE7.jpeg 5898398D-48C4-4A45-A457-CB52B0A85F7F.jpeg

Top Bottom