High clearance fenders to match full width bumper

Xhisors

Right. Not trying to be a dickhead, so I gave him a good option that should save him $800 on a worthless upgrade.

Edit- we have a member in my club that is a distributor for metal cloak, so he's rocking the hideous 2 piece bolt on fenders. yuck. We give him so much crap over them. I'm sure he got a good deal though to go with the 2 foot tall metal cloak wolf stickers on his doors.....

Does your club member have the wide extensions? I actually like their overland tube fenders as is, but they make an extension on them that looks wonky.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

zimm

Caught the Bug
I used this as a guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7TiHYfqDVs

He's dead on for the rear. super fast. Front takes some trimming of the under supports. I then used a pop rivet vertically through top of fender through under support to keep it from flapping on the highway. Works perfect. If you don't have a pop rivet gun, perfect excuse to get one from home lowes.

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
I used this as a guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7TiHYfqDVs

He's dead on for the rear. super fast. Front takes some trimming of the under supports. I then used a pop rivet vertically through top of fender through under support to keep it from flapping on the highway. Works perfect. If you don't have a pop rivet gun, perfect excuse to get one from home lowes.

Thanks for the video. I’m def gonna check this out and figure out if I can work this in in the next few weeks .

Rock slide engineering used to make a set of high clearance fenders that matched perfectly but they stopped making them . Photo from another jeep below

IMG_9011.JPG

Brute

Hooked
IMG_0757.jpg IMG_0778.jpg

All kidding aside, I have two jeeps with full width bumpers; while I went with aftermarket fenders, I could have cut the fenders like many of the forum members did...which I think works fine as well, not to mention far more cost effective.

Notice my snorkels...and I do own a floppy Aussie hat somewhere...I am more than prepared for overlanding...

rubiDave

Need to back this up with the fact that I much prefer the look of the full width bumper . The build is meant more for overlanding than rock crawling and I’m not a fan of the exposed wheel in the front . Hope that helps in recommendations

I'm kind of in the same boat. I've only had my Jeep a few months, and didn't appreciate it's capabilities above my previous vehicle.

I mostly do easy to moderate trails for camping/hunting/fishing, but I did go out with some of the guys on this forum for a pure wheeling trip. They were into somethings beyond what I've ever done and I see how it could become addicting.

I do also prefer the factory lines and full fenders, so early on I went with a full width bumper. Maybe not what I would do now that I've had a chance to exercise it a bit. That exposed wheel in front is advantageous in certain circumstances. In any case you should be fine with factory fenders on 35s with a moderate lift. That will probably be my next step unless I fuck something else up first. I would probably go with the Mopar high clearance fenders if I find I really need to.

Strangely, I find myself hungry for a lamb and tuna fish sandwich/.

rubiDave

What are good options for high clearance fenders that will match full width front bumpers ?

View attachment 299285

This is my current setup .

Does anyone have photos of the Mopar high clearance fenders when paired with a full width bumper ? Seems like they are wider and higher and would mess up the lines .

Also considering MetalCloak overland .

Any pics or comparisons welcome !

I swiped this from the internet - not my rig. In the photo below the driver side has the Mopar high clearance fender.
I have an ARB full width which sweeps up at the ends similar to yours, so the gap between the fender and bumper wouldn't be as big
Clipboard02.jpg

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
View attachment 299313 View attachment 299314

All kidding aside, I have two jeeps with full width bumpers; while I went with aftermarket fenders, I could have cut the fenders like many of the forum members did...which I think works fine as well, not to mention far more cost effective.

Notice my snorkels...and I do own a floppy Aussie hat somewhere...I am more than prepared for overlanding...

Sweet rigs man . Love the anvil with the roof rack . Those hoods are awesome too . One day my jeep will grow up to be like yours haha

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
I swiped this from the internet - not my rig. In the photo below the driver side has the Mopar high clearance fender.
I have an ARB full width which sweeps up at the ends similar to yours, so the gap between the fender and bumper wouldn't be as big
View attachment 299319

Thanks . This is useful . Reason I was asking is there’s a guy in Cali selling these fenders for 500 bucks . Not cheap but significant discount off MSRP .

I have until I step up to 35s to figure it out . 2.5” lift with the 33s does just fine with stock fenders . Estimate I have another year on these tires

Top Bottom