Highway in 2nd

brizon85

Hey all , I just drove in 2nd on the highway doing 65 mph for about 30-40 min. I didn't notice until I got off the highway. The doors were off and music loud. I have read that some later model cars will up shift, does anyone know if that is the cause? I have a 2009 jeep jk 3.8l

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Hey all , I just drove in 2nd on the highway doing 65 mph for about 30-40 min. I didn't notice until I got off the highway. The doors were off and music loud. I have read that some later model cars will up shift, does anyone know if that is the cause? I have a 2009 jeep jk 3.8l

How could you not notice your RPM's at like 6000? Lol

07JKSahara

I doubt it, mine doesn't if I ever make a mistake and you would have felt it. That's a long stretch to run at those rpms, but I'm sure you're fine.

Last edited:

Wardell

That seems really odd. I'm not sure about auto Jeeps, but most vehicles with an automatic transmission that let you control shifting will still shift themselves to keep from redlining. If it didn't, I'm thinking there might be a problem with the computer?

This sort of thing reminds me why I like driving a manual. :) At least then, if I'm in the wrong gear it's all my fault. lol

Rccrwlr

We have an 08' with 35's and when we ran 4:10 gears we couldn't use 3rd. Wouldn't push the tires on the freeway at 65-70. Looks like your running 35's. What gears do you have? I know now with the 5:13's if there is a head wind it will downshift quite a bit.

Top Bottom