Hinged Tire Carriers. Evo vs Crawler Conceptz

Benito

Caught the Bug
I chose the Evo over the CC for one reason. Take a look at the mounting solution behind the studs of each carrier. The CC is shaped like angle iron with 2 bolts - The Evo has 3 sides and 3 bolts and is more substantial.

Just take a look and tell me which one you would rather hang 110 pounds of tire and wheel off of.

View attachment 297853

View attachment 297854

But both carriers work the same way though, the frame of the carrier is what supports the tire and those brackets just keep the tire compressed against the carrier. I can also say this, from experience with both, that third top bolt and the shape of the Bracket is what caused mine to bend and why i had to replace the brackets on the Evo carrier. I had “hung” the tire a couple times on the Crawler Concepts and the tire would just lift up and fall right back into place every time it got hung up, if i bend the brackets again on the Evo carrier i will probably get the Crawler Concepts brackets and put them on the Evo Carrier, or sell the Evo carrier and get the bigger Evo carrier.

CarolinaJK

I had a CC body mounted carrier and recently switched to the Evo. The CC was a great and very stout carrier, however there was a squeak that never went away since about a week after install. I think both are worth the money, but I like that the Evo matches all of my other armor, so I decided to switch. 🤷🏽*♂️

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

CCTX50

Crawler Conceptz makes some pretty nice stuff. I ordered a front bumper in November 2017. I understand it takes time to make a product but when im in the middle of March and no bumper yet I have up. I spoke with CC staff over the phone and also via Facebook messenger. I even spoke with Shad. Was given the runaround every time. Was promised it was a week out several times. I asked that if the time table changed to just call me and let me know. Don't leave me hanging. Many times they would not even respond.

Long story short, Crawler Conceptz customer service out right SUCKS! I would not do business with them.

Cancelled my order and I will go with LOD more than likely.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

mcdesigner

Crawler Conceptz makes some pretty nice stuff. I ordered a front bumper in November 2017. I understand it takes time to make a product but when im in the middle of March and no bumper yet I have up. I spoke with CC staff over the phone and also via Facebook messenger. I even spoke with Shad. Was given the runaround every time. Was promised it was a week out several times. I asked that if the time table changed to just call me and let me know. Don't leave me hanging. Many times they would not even respond.

Long story short, Crawler Conceptz customer service out right SUCKS! I would not do business with them.

Cancelled my order and I will go with LOD more than likely.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app
Same story as mine. Good luck getting your money back!

Jackal01

I have had the CC since from about a week before Evo released theirs. I had to modify mine to accommodate the 8x6.5 bolt pattern since they only make 5x5. Mine only squeaks when opening or closing. No issues really but I do like the design of Evo better so I wish I had it but for me it's not worth the trouble of selling and swapping. Get Evo.

That video cracks me up

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
So many hilarious characters/ acts but the "psh" ones are pure gold.

Last edited:
Top Bottom