Hitch options with rear DTD

Grubbicon

I would probably stick to pulling it with the Tahoe but im not gonna stop you from doing that. I know I feel your pain about pulling 6,000lbs with a smaller truck. My Jeep and trailer weight 8500lbs (ran across a CAT scale once) pulling it with my Chevy 1500 is iffy.

Brent McCartney

I would probably stick to pulling it with the Tahoe but im not gonna stop you from doing that. I know I feel your pain about pulling 6,000lbs with a smaller truck. My Jeep and trailer weight 8500lbs (ran across a CAT scale once) pulling it with my Chevy 1500 is iffy.

But with the 1500 you have a longer wheel base to start with. I personally wouldn't tow 6000 lbs with a 1500 but it would be better than a narrow short wheel base jeep.

Grubbicon

But with the 1500 you have a longer wheel base to start with. I personally wouldn't tow 6000 lbs with a 1500 but it would be better than a narrow short wheel base jeep.

Oh yeah trust me I dont like doing it that much. I barrow my dads crew cab long bed duramax when I can.

OHIORUBICON

Anything more then moving the trailer across town or a camp site would scare me.... Just got back from a dirt bike trip out west and we took my buddys dodge 3500 (single axle) and a 22 foot enclosed trailer and it towed great! We were well below the max tow rating for the truck but even still it became exhausting to drive once you throw in construction, rain, cross winds, the continental divide, ect... And this was a safe set up i cant imagine trying to pull it with my JKU. Trailer was heavy duty tandem axle weighing about 3500, 5 dirt bikes, gear, coolers, gas cans, spare parts ect. We think the trailer weighed 6K ish with a truck that weights 7600ish...

Top Bottom