holidays, politics, religion (lets keep it civil)

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
I'm offended by this statement. :cheesy:

When do the feats of strength begin?

And I'm offended that your offended! But don't be offended by this! :cheesy::cheesy:

Feats of strength to begin shortly! :wings:

Last edited:

Prime8

Oh where to begin..... Oh wait I don't want to offend anyone on this forum. So ill just join in by saying Merry Christmas everybody.

Please don't let this thread turn into a "Is there a God" thread. Eeeeeek.

Haha, why not Frank?

Prime8

Aw man, where are UP N OVERS original posts? He seemed like such an intelligent young man to educate about American history...

As an American, and an atheist, we celebrate Christmas in my home. I was raised catholic and have a lot of great memories from Christmas and I want the same for my almost-three year old and my unborn fetus. We just leave Jesus out of it. It's not hard to do since the day is the pagan holiday for winter solstice, the tree is pagan, the lights are Jewish, and the Transsiberian Orchestra is instrumental. Plus, the holidays in America aren't about Jesus, they are about family (and consumerism!).

So, in conclusion, the founding fathers created a secular government, and therefore any government funded land/organization should not promote or display any religious identity. Private property is up for grabs though! Happy holidays to everyone, no matter what you celebrate, and remember: you can't put the Christ back in Christmas, because he wasn't there to begin with!

MTG

Caught the Bug
10frank9 said:
I like like this forum being less tense, quite honestly.

Amen!*

*simply used in the sense of "I agree"...I'm not trying to make any religious/secular statement.

;) :cheesy:

Top Bottom