Holy Shit is this thing huge!

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
The biggest crane lift I ever saw was two huge 350 ton cranes do a single lift together, of a huge 200 ton piece of equipment to the top of a new 8 or 10 story building. I can’t visualize a 3500 ton crane!
I imagine you just get your crane catalog out and order one, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Lol right? Is that an online order or do you need to call in?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Tanktitan

[/QUOTE]

The crane is amazing but how about the distillation column/cracker that it is lifting? That must be 50 stories tall. I would like to know where it was made, how it was transported, in how many sections. The anchor bolts are half the height of a man, for the above the ground portion. I wonder what your torque those to?

Turbo21

I used to live right on the above where they are building that plant. Bringing a lot of jobs back to the area since ltv steel closed down (which my entire family worked at)

The only thing that pissed me off was tearing down midway bar and grill to build the plant. Had a lot of good memories from that place
Amazing to see that many cranes going at once

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ddays

Hooked
I used to live right on the above where they are building that plant. Bringing a lot of jobs back to the area since ltv steel closed down (which my entire family worked at)

The only thing that pissed me off was tearing down midway bar and grill to build the plant. Had a lot of good memories from that place
Amazing to see that many cranes going at once

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That guy that owned the Midway is on a beach somewhere drinking Mai Tais all day long

Ddays

Hooked
It’s unbelievable, the amount of cranes working there! Also, the stack of counter weights is crazy!

And that's only about a third of the jobsite in that pic! There are at least 30 cranes there. We try to count them as we pass by but there are too many and you lose track as your perspective changes. When they built the Pittsburgh Airport it was all precast concrete, and as big as that site was there were only 4 or 5 cranes there. It's really amazing the amount of money being spent here.

wjtstudios

Hooked
And that's only about a third of the jobsite in that pic! There are at least 30 cranes there. We try to count them as we pass by but there are too many and you lose track as your perspective changes. When they built the Pittsburgh Airport it was all precast concrete, and as big as that site was there were only 4 or 5 cranes there. It's really amazing the amount of money being spent here.

Yeah, the money burning every hour out there has to be insane.

Jsouder53

Hooked

The amount of money in the gas and oil companies in unreal..

Top Bottom