Hood vents?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I actually don't like the Evo one at all. It's pretty ugly IMO. I would rather spend the money on the 10A hood followed by the poison spider.

bjielsl

JK Newb here. Hood Vents, functional or purely cosmetic. My moms 3.8 JK has paint fade on here hood I am assuming its from engine heat. Same thing on the 3.6?

WJCO

Meme King
JK Newb here. Hood Vents, functional or purely cosmetic. My moms 3.8 JK has paint fade on here hood I am assuming its from engine heat. Same thing on the 3.6?

Both. Jeep engine compartments due store a ton of heat though. A lot of guys claim on hot days they can watch heat shadows come out of vents, probably true but I don't have any so not sure. But I like the look of them.

swampdog

Hood paint fade is from not waxing and cleaning routinely, not engine heat. Think about how much sun that hood sees.

Hood paint fade is from not waxing and cleaning routinely, not engine heat. Think about how much sun that hood sees.

I'd agree that this is usually 80% of the cause but I've also seen cases where people remove the insulation from underneath the hood and in doing so seems to accelerate the degeneration of their paint finish

JKbrick

I'd agree that this is usually 80% of the cause but I've also seen cases where people remove the insulation from underneath the hood and in doing so seems to accelerate the degeneration of their paint finish

My rubicon didn't come with under hood insulation and I heard about the paint deal but also heard it could possibly help smother an engine fire (not sure about that one) but I put one in there anyways

RMC2

Caught the Bug
I love my powerdome hood. It is not the same shape as the AEV hood.

I think I was under $1000 for all of the hood parts including hood stickers, insulation, bumpers(they are shorter than the stock hood) shipping, etc and including paint. It does not let a ton of heat out in stock form because the vent only have a small hole in the bottom. You could open it up more though.

image.jpg

I do like the look of the EVO one in a two tone paint scheme. Poison spider set the hood vent standard. I would say both of those let out a lot of heat. Better ventilation would be more important if you are in the desert crawling or dropping a V8, especially the hemi.

I went for looks.

Last edited:

RedSyndrome

I think the power dome looks the best, but the Poison Spyder probably does a better job. I agree with everyone else. The EVO is very attractive.

Top Bottom