Hot Springs ORV Park April 8-10

coop9779

Fire wood can be purchased at the park office/store and so can ice. We will be tent camping as well.

I'm going up there this weekend so if you guys have any questions or something particular you want to know I can find out for you.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
What kind of tents do you all have? I am in the market IF I make this trip. Though Ive been looking at tents just to have one for other things as well. Right now its just the wife and I no kids but I cant sleep on the ground anymore and if I can even get her to stay in a tent, I will need an air mattress. So Im looking at one of those in a queen or king and one that is thick/tall cause its hard for my fatass to get up off the floor. So I am looking at a decent size tent due to all of that.

What do you all have?

WJCO

Meme King
What kind of tents do you all have? I am in the market IF I make this trip. Though Ive been looking at tents just to have one for other things as well. Right now its just the wife and I no kids but I cant sleep on the ground anymore and if I can even get her to stay in a tent, I will need an air mattress. So Im looking at one of those in a queen or king and one that is thick/tall cause its hard for my fatass to get up off the floor. So I am looking at a decent size tent due to all of that.

What do you all have?

I have had really good luck with Coleman for larger tents like you're asking about. Every Coleman I've had has lasted a long time and they have great prices. Just go over all the seams with sealer when you first buy it and you should get years of use out of it. As far as air mattresses, I have Coleman on that too, came with an air pump that runs on 4 D batteries (it inflates and deflates the mattress both). 3 years now and I haven't had to replace batteries yet. We use it at least twice a year. My prior Coleman tent lasted for about 15 years but we gave it to a friend since we had to get a bigger tent. They've used it for a couple of years now too.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
I have had really good luck with Coleman for larger tents like you're asking about. Every Coleman I've had has lasted a long time and they have great prices. Just go over all the seams with sealer when you first buy it and you should get years of use out of it. As far as air mattresses, I have Coleman on that too, came with an air pump that runs on 4 D batteries (it inflates and deflates the mattress both). 3 years now and I haven't had to replace batteries yet. We use it at least twice a year. My prior Coleman tent lasted for about 15 years but we gave it to a friend since we had to get a bigger tent. They've used it for a couple of years now too.

Yeah I've been looking at the Coleman stuff. Brand has been around for a while. Seems like good stuff also. That's probably the direction I'll go.

BamBamDeer

I have a popup. It's not great for serious use but it works for small outings. We have a shack we made for deer season.

If you will not use a mattress much those cheap ones Walmart sells for the swimming pool work good. They are easy to puncture but if you make sure all sharp objects are out from the floor of your tent you will be ok. I noticed they have started putting pool chemicals out now so they should be out in a week or two. As cheap as they are I usually get a couple extra.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Great....I need to get some air for the trails. My NEED List seems to get bigger every day!

Yep. I was lookin at tents, sleeping bags, air mattress, and other things today. Lol. Funny how a small three day deal can add up. At least that stuff can be used again so that's a plus.

BamBamDeer

Yep. I was lookin at tents, sleeping bags, air mattress, and other things today. Lol. Funny how a small three day deal can add up. At least that stuff can be used again so that's a plus.

Oh yeah....I spend a lot of times out doors so I am pretty good there. My needs are on my Rig. It seems by the time I get everything I want I won't have much left that I started with! I am hoping to have a few before this trip.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Oh yeah....I spend a lot of times out doors so I am pretty good there. My needs are on my Rig. It seems by the time I get everything I want I won't have much left that I started with! I am hoping to have a few before this trip.

What all are you looking at?

BamBamDeer

A Winch, front bumper, back bumper, lift, regear, the list goes on. And grows. I just bought this last November and had a "few" things I was going to add.....and now....you know...lol.

I had a good trade and don't owe much so before long I can put a more concentrated effort into changing everything. I want a 44 upfront and really want to do that before I regear... etc.

Eezybreezy08

What do you all have?

I have a 8 person tent that dicks sales for around 200 or 300 $. Don't remember. But anyways, spray the hell out of whatever tent you get with camp dry. I missed a few spots last time and it was leaking. So this time I have and extra top I'm gonna put on to with both sprayed down with camp dry. And I mean soak it with that stuff. Plus I'm gonna use one of my old military tricks and tie a poncho over my head so it will catch anything else that might make through. Now I have also heard of a company by the name of REkingdom that supposedly makes some great tents, I just don't have the money to pay for something that high end personally
As far as air mattresses go, I've had a queen size Coleman that I used for years. What ever mattress you get, just makes sure that it dosent leak, cause you don't want to wake up in the middle of the night with your ass on the floor

Eezybreezy08

And you are exactly right at how fast and how much this stuff starts adding up. And every time I think that I have bought everything that I need, I have to get something else

BamBamDeer

We can hope for good weather but plan for the worst. If it is real bad my front seat reclines and is more comfortable than a lot of places I have slept...lol.

You can also get foam padding if that would be thick enough to do. Don't have to worry about it going flat.

Eezybreezy08

I try not to mess around when it comes to rain. Plus we have my baby sleeping between me and and momma so I have to make sure I keep it comfortable for them. And honestly I have always had good weather, but last year when I went there in May I got myself into a mess. So hopefully tax money will hit and like you I will have me a winch to. That's a great story within itself from the last time ha

BamBamDeer

Through the years it seems like the disasters are what I remember most...lol

Yes Sir, when you have a little one even the little things matter.

I am looking forward to a good outing. Regardless of weather it will be fun. I can't wait to meet you guys and let you educate me some.

Top Bottom