Houston Area Wayalife-ers!

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Sahhhhweeeeeeet!

Hard to believe, right?!

Indoors does sound nice, I was thinking maybe one of the local breweries maybe. But somewhere up North could work too, not sure what you've got in mind. If I remember right, it seemed like Sunday worked best for most everybody last time around.

I kicked around the idea of doing a BBQ at my place, smoking a brisket, some ribs and maybe a pork butt. But I think I'll save that for this Fall, when it cools off a little and we get our home improvements knocked out :thumb:

Yeah, same here. Some bbq and a fire in the backyard. But it's TOO hot right now IMO to even wheel... lol

Mun50n3d

Yeah, same here. Some bbq and a fire in the backyard. But it's TOO hot right now IMO to even wheel... lol

Speaking of wheeling. My wife and I were driving home from my nephews birthday party yesterday. I have always eyes this Offroad park in Crosby. I only know one person that has taken his Stock Jeep through there. Anyone ever taken their JK or JKU wheeling their?
I also noticed quite a few Jeepers having some fun.

tdougherty81

Speaking of wheeling. My wife and I were driving home from my nephews birthday party yesterday. I have always eyes this Offroad park in Crosby. I only know one person that has taken his Stock Jeep through there. Anyone ever taken their JK or JKU wheeling their?

Plenty of mud parks around here if that's your thing. I hate the clean up after mudding so I try to avoid it. I rather play in the rocks but means driving a few hours out.

Kyle7R

Plenty of people take their JKs down there, I never will. We used to ATV ride down there, and people get stupid. It's less about wheeling and more about partying for most of them. DWiggles has some pics on his build thread I believe from taking his stock JKU down there.

If mud is your thing, there's plenty of it, and plenty of drunk idiots on ATVs to boot.

I went to that place once and was cleaning mud out of every crevice of our jeep for about a month lol. It was fun for one day but I haven't been back since. I'd rather travel the extra few hours to a rock garden. Plenty of those within a few hours of Houston, which were lucky to have!

Hobolobo

As mentioned, its mostly drunk dudebros on atvs. I cant tell you how many calls we've had to respond to down there for rollovers and such. Last i heard Down South Offroad is closed anyways.

BobbyGTX

As mentioned, its mostly drunk dudebros on atvs. I cant tell you how many calls we've had to respond to down there for rollovers and such. Last i heard Down South Offroad is closed anyways.

Yeah that what I heard, they told me gets kind of rough sometimes out there

Mun50n3d

Plenty of mud parks around here if that's your thing. I hate the clean up after mudding so I try to avoid it. I rather play in the rocks but means driving a few hours out.

I'm right there with you.

Plenty of people take their JKs down there, I never will. We used to ATV ride down there, and people get stupid. It's less about wheeling and more about partying for most of them. DWiggles has some pics on his build thread I believe from taking his stock JKU down there.

If mud is your thing, there's plenty of it, and plenty of drunk idiots on ATVs to boot.

I will have to look for them pics.

I went to that place once and was cleaning mud out of every crevice of our jeep for about a month lol. It was fun for one day but I haven't been back since. I'd rather travel the extra few hours to a rock garden. Plenty of those within a few hours of Houston, which were lucky to have!

Yeah, I'm not much into mudding these days. I prefer the rock gardens. I just haven't taken my JKU to see one. It's only see concrete roads and the mud from my property while I was building our house.

So from what I gather it is a mud hole for drunkards, partiers, and stupid people. I was considering taking my side-by-side but not if people are going to be idiot offroaders. I might go if my brother-in-law goes, but not just my wife and I.
THANKS FOR THE INFO! ;)

:beer:

Hobolobo

So from what I gather it is a mud hole for drunkards, partiers, and stupid people. I was considering taking my side-by-side but not if people are going to be idiot offroaders. I might go if my brother-in-law goes, but not just my wife and I.
THANKS FOR THE INFO! ;)

:beer:

Thats exactly what it is. Just to put it into perspective, they got shut down because they threw a big ass party and didn't have a nudity permit (?) for all the crazy shit going on.

EDIT:autocorrect makes me look like an idiot

Kyle7R

Thats exactly what it is. Just to put it into perspective, they got shut down because they threw a big ass party and didn't have a nudity permit (?) for all the crazy shit going on.

EDIT:autocorrect makes me look like an idiot

I was wondering what shut them down. Go figure it was because of a big ass party.

Top Bottom