How do i reprogram my TPMS threshold

christov11

ever since I noticed the tires were at freaking 45 psi after weeks of feeling every little hair in the road, I knew something was up, so this weekend I dropped it to 32-33. the TPMS is being crazy these days... telling me theyre at 227kPa then dropping at 206 then coming back up. and this morning it was telling me all 4 were at 197??? but litterally last ngiht I got them all at 33 on the nose :hmm:

I read this but Im confused... and i just woke up so ... I.Q of a chair right now...

SOOO... Im fine with having the warning off but like seeing how much the tires are at on the dash. any way of keeping that?

I understood that I would need the AEV procal (gonna hunt that thing down), I would assume the dealership prolly has one... cant imagine they wouldnt actually.

EDIT: just read my post and ... lol im not being clear at all am I... unless im just not understanding myself...
Question 1: Can I keep the reading without having the warning? If so, how? If not, I'll just deactivate it. to deactivate it, will I need the procal or is it a fuse or some little trick where I wont need to buy a peice of hardware im gonna use 2wice?
Question 2: Can someone smack me to wake me up a little?

Last edited:

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
ever since I noticed the tires were at freaking 45 psi after weeks of feeling every little hair in the road, I knew something was up, so this weekend I dropped it to 32-33. the TPMS is being crazy these days... telling me theyre at 227kPa then dropping at 206 then coming back up. and this morning it was telling me all 4 were at 197??? but litterally last ngiht I got them all at 33 on the nose :hmm:

I read this but Im confused... and i just woke up so ... I.Q of a chair right now...

SOOO... Im fine with having the warning off but like seeing how much the tires are at on the dash. any way of keeping that?

I understood that I would need the AEV procal (gonna hunt that thing down), I would assume the dealership prolly has one... cant imagine they wouldnt actually.

EDIT: just read my post and ... lol im not being clear at all am I... unless im just not understanding myself...
Question 1: Can I keep the reading without having the warning? If so, how? If not, I'll just deactivate it. to deactivate it, will I need the procal or is it a fuse or some little trick where I wont need to buy a peice of hardware im gonna use 2wice?
Question 2: Can someone smack me to wake me up a little?

Your flashcal *If Updated should automatically set your TPMS light threshold to 20psi (might be 22psi). Update your flashcal and try again. My TPMS system reads out the tire pressure, I have no warnings on the street at 28psi, when I air down on the trail, I obviously get a warning and the jeep tells me to "inflate to --"

2015 Jeep & Flashcal, Just make sure you flash a tire size other than stock, if you are running stock, you will need to flash another size first, then flash tire size to the correct size. do not "return to stock", Flash the correct size tire that is on the jeep. does that make sense? :thumb:

EDIT: I see you are not the O.P. but the info here could be useful so I will leave it.

My jeep is 6-speed manual, so I have no experience with the Flashpak. only the flashcal. that being said, AEV is the way to go if I could do it over again. the price difference for those shopping is Flashcal + $20 = AEV (AND WORTH IT)

Last edited:

christov11

Your flashcal *If Updated should automatically set your TPMS light threshold to 20psi (might be 22psi). Update your flashcal and try again. My TPMS system reads out the tire pressure, I have no warnings on the street at 28psi, when I air down on the trail, I obviously get a warning and the jeep tells me to "inflate to --"

2015 Jeep & Flashcal, Just make sure you flash a tire size other than stock, if you are running stock, you will need to flash another size first, then flash tire size to the correct size. do not "return to stock", Flash the correct size tire that is on the jeep. does that make sense? :thumb:

EDIT: I see you are not the O.P. but the info here could be useful so I will leave it.

My jeep is 6-speed manual, so I have no experience with the Flashpak. only the flashcal. that being said, AEV is the way to go if I could do it over again. the price difference for those shopping is Flashcal + $20 = AEV (AND WORTH IT)

soooo... since I dont have a flashcal im screwed until I find one :doh: haha

USMC Wrangler

I just tried doing this with my Flashcal that I upgraded to the Flashpaq almost a year and a half ago. I've had nothing but problems updating the tuner from the start. Yesterday I attempted to adjust TPMS, but couldn't find it anywhere in the additional features. I decided to update Spark and the tuner. It reverted the model to a Flashcal but retained the Flashpaq tunes. TPMS still doesn't show up and Spark won't allow me to re-download it from the store. Waiting on a reply from Superchips Tech now.

I like the 87 performance tune, but other than that it's been a pain. I hear for tire sizes and gears the AEV procal is more user friendly, but I have no personal experience with that.

christov11

finally said screw it and brought them up to 35psi for the time being.... just dont have time to bring her into a garage and definately not going to buy something im going to use once or twice for over 100$

Top Bottom