How long should I wait

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I use to work in the automotive paint industry. A lot of shops can't stop to work on what it sounds like close to a custom job. They have their quick pay jobs, insurance, etc...that keep payments coming to run the shop. Sounds like it is a time consuming job. If they are cutting labor for you that would be a plus. Kinda look how long it has taken for Moby to get back on the road.

dahreno

Banned
Went by the shop today and what's left is to install a hanging brake pedal which needs fabbed . Go through the firewall to the new hydro booster and hook into the power steering pump . Then plumb in for the PSC hydro assist . Run all new brake lines . Install the e brake assy. and cables to the rear 78 caddy calipers that have built in e brakes on them , and install the calipers . Install all parts in the rear 14 bolt . Install both new d. shafts . Install the shifter for the 700 r4 . That should wrap it up , for now . I still need to install lockers , skid plates , rocker protection . It does have a new motor and a new Holley 750 h/p series carb. but , it probably will crap out on steep hill climbs . I may go with a quadrajet but I don't know much about them . May want to go with EFI but , that will be the only thing that would have a computer on the whole Jeep , not to mention expensive so I'll have to check it out .Any way to complete the work mentioned he said it will be done by new years. I can live with that . I am just bummed I will still need lockers and skids to really wheel it , not to mention it's winter and not really a good time to test it out on the rocks . It would have been really nice if it had been done by the promised date of last June ! I'll let you know how it turns out .Here it is so far .Thank you all for your input . [URL=http://s1077.photobucket.com/user/dahreno/media/Willysflexing007_zps1d7a2e19.jpg.html]
Willysflexing008_zps411847c7.jpg
[/URL]

Last edited:
Top Bottom