How the flip do I fix this?!

SaskJeeps

I've been having crazy wind noise from passenger side. How do I move the door upwards? There is a large gap on top right corner. Pics appreciated. I put a cloth to keep me sane on the highway.
a162377b2cc59a20b400a70ce101ffa7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

4 bolts total, 2 on each hinge. Having a helper or floor jack helps. Make sure the gap is even all the way around the door though when you're done. Then you may have to adjust the latch striker when you're all done.

IMG_20170809_184149_739.jpg

4 bolts. Having a helper or floor jack helps. Make sure the gap is even all the way around the door though when you're done. Then you may have to adjust the latch striker when you're all done.

View attachment 271968

I wôuldnt loosen those bolts. They paint right over the hinges so I found you move them it'll break the paint. I would loosen the hinge where it meets the body inside the door frame and move it up from there.

Thanks for the help! I will try moving the door tommorow with the help of a few buddies. Anyone have pics of how the door sits normally? I noticed it's quite close to the fender/windshield area compared to driver side.

Here's ours that I believe is perfectly set from factory. Disregard the ugly pink stickers.

IMG_20170809_190759.jpg

IMG_20170809_190824.jpg

And here's the bolts inside the jamb that overlander was talking about.

IMG_20170809_190842.jpg

Any way to prevent that? Heat gun?

A heat gun may, but the issue is that they painted over the bolts, so no matter what, it will crack when the bolt is removed. Ours has lots of chips on the jeep so we weren't too concerned about these little ones. I'll post some before and after pics shortly.

We had to adjust our lf door as it had been in a previous accident and they didn't line it up right. We first tried the bolts that overlander suggested for the same reason he mentioned but it seemed harder to control small adjustments. We ended up using the outside ones because we got a better idea of where the door would end up as it was nearly closed as we adjusted it. If you use the inside bolts, the door will be all the way open as you adjust it.

Even if you carefully slice the paint with a razor knife, you're unsealing the paint. Then it'll rust and bubble the edges of the paint up. Look at the rest of the door-to-body lines. If they are all lined up and even then you shouldn't even try to move the door around. Is it possible the upper window frame could be tweaked outward in that corner?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Here's an outside one with from factory painted.

IMG_20170809_192304_942.jpg

Here's after we loosened it. You'll see chips around the bolt and inside the star:

IMG_20170809_192341_211.jpg

You will still chip the paint on the inside ones, but they're less exposed to the elements and not visual like the outside ones.

IMG_20170809_192420_786.jpg

IMG_20170809_192359_529.jpg

Here's an outside one with from factory painted.

View attachment 271984

Here's after we loosened it. You'll see chips around the bolt and inside the star:

View attachment 271986

You will still chip the paint on the inside ones, but they're less exposed to the elements and not visual like the outside ones.

View attachment 271987

View attachment 271988

You can get color match paint (spray or touch-up stick) and cover the exposed metal. Depending on how bad it is, it may not look great, but it should offer some protection.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

If the gap doesn't goes all the way along the top and its just the top corner, roll the window down and put your knee into the door panel while sitting in the passenger seat and just pull on the corner a bit. It will bring it in some. The window frames are flimsy and even shutting a wadded up shirt in them is enough to push them out some. It doesn't take much for an air leak.

Top Bottom