How to deal with a poor install / purchase

MTG

Caught the Bug
Sharkey will be disappointed if he cant help out. ;)

This is also why I just had ORE do my work and I'm lucky they are local. For me personally, was worth the little bit extra to have the experts do it. A lot wanting to be done at once and I certainly don't have the knowledge yet to take the lead. And Sharkey's consultation fees are/were outside my budget. :grayno:

The problem I see with never having worked on your own rig is that you have no idea how to fix anything when (not if) it breaks. I'd prefer to do everything myself. :yup:

xflstl

I do what I can myself. And I can do things now I could not have even begun to do years ago. However I call uncle when it came to the Hemi install and the double throwndown coilovers, far beyond my skillz.

Sent from my SCH-I605

JAGS

Hooked
The problem I see with never having worked on your own rig is that you have no idea how to fix anything when (not if) it breaks. I'd prefer to do everything myself. :yup:

No argument here. I'll continue to work on things as much as I can on my own to get that experience. I've worked on a few partial installs. Just have to continue learning.

- Jason

suicideking

The problem I've seen with a lot of businesses that are doing work that people can't do themselves -- Their shop policy always seems to be 'No matter what, never admit we did something wrong'.

What's that? The springs weren't on right? Must have been bad springs... You told us to put them on like that... We talked to the manufacturer and they said that's the way to put them on... Yeah, uh huh. :grayno:

HDGasser

The problem I've seen with a lot of businesses that are doing work that people can't do themselves -- Their shop policy always seems to be 'No matter what, never admit we did something wrong'.
:grayno:

Couldn't agree more... I'm going thru this now with a drive shaft. I don't know too many people that can make driveshafts!

"I ordered a drive shaft for your jeep with 3-6" of lift"... "Ohh it's too short? Your gonna have to get it lenghtened"

Even tho he HAD MY OLD DRIVESHAFT, and never asked for measurements for the new one.

"Can't take it back, you used it"

:cussing::stick hiting::ahhh-what:

Last edited:

suicideking

Couldn't agree more... I'm going thru this now with a drive shaft. I don't know too many people that can make driveshafts!

"I ordered a drive shaft for your jeep with 3-6" of lift"... "Ohh it's too short? Your gonna have to get it lenghtened"

Even tho he HAD MY OLD DRIVESHAFT, and never asked for measurements for the new one.

"Can't take it back, you used it"

:cussing::stick hiting::ahhh-what:

Ya, I'd be pretty pissed about that one. Lengthened? Can they even do that?

What shop did this?

HDGasser

Ya, I'd be pretty pissed about that one. Lengthened? Can they even do that?

What shop did this?

Yup it's too short.

At full bump there's less than an inch of splines that are engaged between the 2 shafts.

Yeah it can be done. With the right measurements then they just cut off the old tube and put in the right length tube.

JeepSolutions in paramount did me dirty on the shaft

Powertrain industries is fixing the shaft and is who jeepSolutions gets there shafts made up at.

Top Bottom