How to view RAW NEF Picture files???

JKBANDIT55

Hello all. So I have the Nikon D70 that I got about a week ago. I know how to view and convert the NEF files on my MacbookPro but unfortunely, my Macbook decided to take a crap on me yesterday... Taking it into apple tomorrow to have it worked on.

Question is, How do I view and save the files on a PC? Im using my GFs computer using windows XP and it wont open NEF files. The only photo software she has is Windows Photo Gallery... I tired googling this ordeal and downloaded a few programs from the nikon website itself and still no luck.

Sorry guys, I know this is a jeep forum but I can always count on my Jeep buddies to help me out. Besides I know a lot of you guys use DSLR to shoot your awesome pics and thought you guys might have some info!

Any info helps!

Dixon4x4

Hello all. So I have the Nikon D70 that I got about a week ago. I know how to view and convert the NEF files on my MacbookPro but unfortunely, my Macbook decided to take a crap on me yesterday... Taking it into apple tomorrow to have it worked on.

Question is, How do I view and save the files on a PC? Im using my GFs computer using windows XP and it wont open NEF files. The only photo software she has is Windows Photo Gallery... I tired googling this ordeal and downloaded a few programs from the nikon website itself and still no luck.

Sorry guys, I know this is a jeep forum but I can always count on my Jeep buddies to help me out. Besides I know a lot of you guys use DSLR to shoot your awesome pics and thought you guys might have some info!

Any info helps!

Have you tried neftojpg.com?

JKBANDIT55

Man itd gotta be at least 3-4 years since Ive used a PC. I gotta say, these things are slow, and annoying. But I have no room to talk since my Macbook decided it doesn't want to stay started longer than 10 seconds...:yawn37::whew:

Dixon4x4

Not yet. I am downloading it right now to give it a shot!

Thanks for the link:beer:

You should also be able to change the setting on the camera to jpg format for future pics until you get your Mac back to save yourself from having to convert them from raw to jpg on the pc. I have a D60 and D5200 and able to do that on both of mine.

JKBANDIT55

Thanks. This is my first time using a DSLR and even though my D70 is older. It takes amazing pics. And I'm just using the auto setting. I can only imagine how good they are when learning the Manuel settings.

I'm still learning how to work this thing. I've only shot maybe 100 shots with it so far. Can't wait to take it to MOAB EJS!!!

Tackerdown

Banned
I had to use the program that came with the camera to download those pics. But god is it slow. I switched to the lowest setting so I could use the pics on here. I only did that because my computer is so old and slow that it takes forever to convert the files. I have the D3100

Sent from my PC36100 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom