How worth c-guesset?

bl17z90

Well if my Jeep smiled at me every day when I left for work that would make my life 1000 times better but usually he gets angry and makes funny sounds :thinking:

MTG

Caught the Bug
Would having the C-Gussets installed void my warranty? :idontknow:

Not Sure, but I would think not unless the issue was a bent C, in which case they could alwas say welding on the Gusset "weakend" the original "C". but your gusseting for strength sho that should not happen.

Sorry, but unless you have a really great dealer I would not expect to get any axle warranty work performed after welding c gussets in place. Especially if you are running larger tires, which of course, is why you welded your C's in the first place.

Not saying it does/will not occur, I'd just plan on it not happening. :thumb:

bl17z90

But really. If you plan on wheeling your Jeep you can't expect too much warrenty work. Hell even if your Jeep is bone stock they will sometimes try to screw you on warrenty work.:naw:

BlackKnight

Sorry, but unless you have a really great dealer I would not expect to get any axle warranty work performed after welding c gussets in place. Especially if you are running larger tires, which of course, is why you welded your C's in the first place.

Not saying it does/will not occur, I'd just plan on it not happening. :thumb:

Thanks for the Info, I would have though the opposite, That they would fix unless it was the issue, rather than the "screw you, you touched it" approach. But then again they are dealers and they are out for one thing, To Make, and by way of refusing repairs, keep money...

I have a lowered (not slammed) Scion xB with a bunch of mods and I get warentee repairs all the time. Must just have a good toyota dealer...

tkkim

Powder coated, no. Bare metal, no. You can't weld powder coat. Just hit them with black spray paint when you weld them in.

Now i wonder.. I just set the date for
re-gear and c guesset from Evo.

Do they paint c-guesset after installation?

Last edited:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Now i wonder.. I just order
Gear and c guesset from Evo.

Do they paint c-guesset after installation?

yea just have evo do that regear special they have for you and mine as well ask them to weld the c's for you while they have it. if they dont paint it (which im sure they would for you) just grab a can for 5 bucks and do it yourself.

tkkim

yea just have evo do that regear special they have for you and mine as well ask them to weld the c's for you while they have it. if they dont paint it (which im sure they would for you) just grab a can for 5 bucks and do it yourself.

Could you let me know what kind of spray?

Just black powder coat spray?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

i dont know what to use sadly. i havent gotten to that point yet in my build where i need to beef things up. im sure one of the more seasoned vets here will be able to answer it for you.

BlackKnight

I'd go with Rustoleum (or some other equivilent) High temp paint just to be sure, Also High temp paint seems to be a harder finish so less chance for scratches. Unless you mean what EVO would use...

before painting be sure to wipe them down with denatured alcohol. This will remove any grease or dirt and allow for the paint to adhere properly. I would use Rustolium because it has a rust inhibator in it. I would also hit it with some primer first.

Tackerdown

Banned
I didn't see this asked so is there a big difference between a u channel stile cg and a slab stile.

Sent from my PC36100 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom