Hurricane Irma

FLKEYSJK

I live in the keys and the eye went right over my house (don't worry I didn't stick around) but I figured I'd post a pic of the storm surge from someone who stayed IMG_0001.jpg That house is about a mile from mine and it's on stilts roughly 9 feet tall

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Bigjimbo

Got a buddy down there sent a pic of the Lowe's near him...empty!
Hoping for the best for everyone.

View attachment 275641

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I grew up in Florida and worked at Home Depot through college this photo was each hurricane I remembered working. Post storm, It amazed me how many people would return everything they could including used drywall screws they would attempt to put into concrete or stucco homes.

That picture of the keys home is nuts. Storm surges are no joke. There was a video I saw of sharks swimming up to the porches to feed. Hope your home is okay.

FLKEYSJK

I grew up in Florida and worked at Home Depot through college this photo was each hurricane I remembered working. Post storm, It amazed me how many people would return everything they could including used drywall screws they would attempt to put into concrete or stucco homes.

That picture of the keys home is nuts. Storm surges are no joke. There was a video I saw of sharks swimming up to the porches to feed. Hope your home is okay.

Yeah supplies fly off the shelf as soon as people hear the word storm around here, and thanks I'll hopefully know soon how much damage was done.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

RedPool

I am in Yulee, Fl. We did not get the worst of the storm but thanks to the NE quadrant, we received a few small tornado that touched down. I was at work through the whole thing and didn't think it was the bad until I was allowed to head home. The biggest problems, on this end, are the power and rising waters. In Nassau County, FPL has 21,800 customers. Every one of them were without power. They are down to about 8,500, or so, still down. Even though we are receiving outside help, it could be another 4 or 5 days before everyone is restored. One section has a main line that dropped into a creek and of course, the creek flooded over the road so they are unable to get to it yet.

Even with the damage we received, I cannot help but feel for those south of us. They will have a lot of rebuilding to do.

JS-CHLLN

Down here in Hollywood, power still out, but safe and received minimal damage. We lucked out. If anyone needs help in the broward/miami dade area hit me up, and i will see what we can do!

Sent from my SM-G935P using WAYALIFE mobile app

1st chance to log on since the storm 12-16 hour shifts at work. The lineman have 90% restored but people still calling in like crazy. Thankfully no damage for us but I know the members down in the keys took some damage. Dave, the guy on Instagram that does all the mission 22 stuff, lost part of his roof but hasn't been in to see how bad it is yet. this was the largest power outage in American History. Monday morning we had 425,000 customers out in our service area. Less than 40k now. the linemen are amazing. 16 hour shifts around the clock while sleeping on the ground because the hotels are full of evacuees.

FLKEYSJK

1st chance to log on since the storm 12-16 hour shifts at work. The lineman have 90% restored but people still calling in like crazy. Thankfully no damage for us but I know the members down in the keys took some damage. Dave, the guy on Instagram that does all the mission 22 stuff, lost part of his roof but hasn't been in to see how bad it is yet. this was the largest power outage in American History. Monday morning we had 425,000 customers out in our service area. Less than 40k now. the linemen are amazing. 16 hour shifts around the clock while sleeping on the ground because the hotels are full of evacuees.

Wow thanks for all your hard work! Glad to hear you got ahold of Dave, I haven't been able to get in contact with him, his house is right around the corner from mine.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Wow thanks for all your hard work! Glad to hear you got ahold of Dave, I haven't been able to get in contact with him, his house is right around the corner from mine.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yeah he is up in Ft. Lauderdale area waiting for the roads to open. I hope all of Y'alls houses made it through pretty well. Glad you left and didn't try and ride it out like some of those crazy people.

jesse3638

Hooked
Top Bottom