I could use some help. Newbie

jtpedersen

Caught the Bug
Stock Rubicon is pretty dang capable. I've done...I was able to do pretty much everything the lifted/modified jeeps were able to do. So long as you have some sort of rock sliders (stock sliders work well) you'll be fine.

Agreed with this (and all the others). Figured I'd keep wheeling stock until I figured it out. After 2 years I've got a decent idea what I want now ;).

My own first steps were the EVO leveling kit and skids; been polished a few times now. Bumpers and winch are next. A lift...perhaps next year. My wife's more eager than I am, I think. She wants her own Rubi; might come before mine's lifted.

I've certainly found our Rubicon far more capable bone stock than I'd have hoped for. Wheeling east of the Mississippi, the only real 'need' I've found for lifting tends to come from hill climbs. 2 or 3 times now, I've not been able to complete a tall hill climb because those with larger wheels had rutted the trail. My stubby legs left me no choice but to back down :(. After bumpers & winch, I think I'll do onboard air before a substantial lift.

Having replaced the headlights, I think it's time to replace the stock tires before Winter hits. I detest the stock MTs.

Jeeps rock!

Top Bottom