I Feel Like an Idiot

jasont0311

Caught the Bug
I've posted this one before. I was taking off my tailgate on my old JK to re-paint. I literally just pulled off the last screw and needed something in the back. Pulled the handle and the tailgate dropped with a guillotine effect. The toe never healed right and still effects me every day.

Attachments

• toe.jpg
    toe.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 105

wjtstudios

Hooked
I've posted this one before. I was taking off my tailgate on my old JK to re-paint. I literally just pulled off the last screw and needed something in the back. Pulled the handle and the tailgate dropped with a guillotine effect. The toe never healed right and still effects me every day.

Ok, that’s just awful. I cringe just thinking about that.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Jsouder53

Hooked

That sounds awful, I couldn’t imagine that pain [emoji51]

jdofmemi

My toes curled up in fear just looking at that pic😭

jasont0311

Caught the Bug
Did I mention I was in flip flops? It hurt like a SOB but my son was a rock star at I think 7 or 8 at the time, starting giving me his version of first aid.

jasont0311

Caught the Bug
And of the bone head moves I do daily this is the top. I mean I literally removed the last bolt and immediately went to open the tailgate.

Jsouder53

Hooked
Did I mention I was in flip flops? It hurt like a SOB but my son was a rock star at I think 7 or 8 at the time, starting giving me his version of first aid.

Sounds like it could’ve been potentially worse... I’m glad to hear that your son was there to save the day [emoji106]

kbp810

Caught the Bug
I've done a similar thing when looking for my missing glasses......while wearing them

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

On that note, this happened to me recently at the gym... my normal glasses will try to slide off my face while working out, and I often forget to switch them out for my "gym" glasses that don't slide. So when that happens, and I'm on treadmill, elliptical, or cycle, I usually end up having to take them off and put them in the tray or cup holder on the machine or something.

Well, one day coming off a really, really, long day of work, forgot to switch out, and I did like 20 hard minutes on elliptical, 20 hard minutes on treadmill, and 20 hard minutes on cycle... when I got done on the cycle, I looked down and couldn't find my glasses anywhere. Walked back to treadmill, interrupted someone asking if my glasses were there, they said nope... walked back to elliptical, interrupted another person, they said nope... started walking around in a panic looking for them, before I finally caught a glance of myself in the window, and realized I was wearing them. :doh:

Primo82

Caught the Bug

I was splitting firewood and a large log rolled over and smashed my middle finger between it and another large log. The tip of my index finger looked about like your toe there. It still feels numb to this day as well.

Last year we were in a rental car and went to the post office to pick up a package. We were about two hours away from Phoenix where we had rented the car. I was carrying the package in one hand and the key fob in the other. Like a total dummy I put the key fob in the trunk rather than the package and closed the trunk. Then I realized the stupid thing that I had done. I was sweating bullets and freaking out.

I called the rental car place and they asked if I had tried the trunk release button. I had, but only briefly. I went and tried it again and the trunk opened. The car detected that the fob was still in the car!

Even dummies like me can get lucky sometimes.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom