I gave up figthing

n3rdaaron

I got one for you... Ive talked to 5 vendors today, not retailers, but actual manufacturers, asking what the KEY differences are on the Mojave kit vs the regular JT kits. Not just for AEV, but anyone that offers a spacer kit for the JT.

They haven't been able to (which they should). Teraflex was the best so far. The lady that I talked to said that there wasn't, other than the upper shock mounts being different, and them just not having lower shock extensions in stock. Everything else would have worked.

I have the AEV spacer kit on the JL Rubicon, and without taking a caliper to all of the parts, Im not seeing an obvious difference between the parts. The only thing that COULD be different is the internal diameter of the spacer due to the Fox airbump. But thats it.
And....

Just talked to the local Jeep shop that we are friends with (should have called them first) and they have done a few Mojaves. He said that there ISNT a difference. They have been using the normal Teraflex 2.5in spacer kit. They just did it recently and the guy replaced the Fox shocks with something else (didn't ask why).

n3rdaaron

Called AEV randomly today and they said that the only difference between the regular kit and the Mojave are the shock extension brackets. I know that the lower bolt is sized differently between the two, but without having both in hand, I have no way to check.

Called Northridge and had them change my order from the Mojave kit to the regular JT kit. They had the regular kit in stock and are shipping it out today and sending me back $90 in difference. Evo has a set of front and rear shock extensions that will work (Ive talked to them a lot recently) and they said all that Ill need to do is drill out the ID on the brackets to fix the factory Fox's.

If that is true, and that is REALLY the only difference, Ill think Ill take one for the team and just wait for the AEV kit to come in, and test fit the lower brackets. If it just requires the drill out, and there isn't a ton of position change, I won't order the set from Evo. If not, Evo said the extensions only take around a week to ship out.

n3rdaaron

Finally received my kit over the weekend and hardware was wrong/missing. Remedied all those issues and got it all installed.
6D7FEA3F-86FA-414D-8EBB-3D7DE4976530.jpeg

I’m going to try and get a good set of pictures soon.
Now I’m looking at either a rolling tonneau cover or a softtopper. Need more utility.

Robar

The Enforcer
Finally received my kit over the weekend and hardware was wrong/missing. Remedied all those issues and got it all installed.
View attachment 365741

I’m going to try and get a good set of pictures soon.
Now I’m looking at either a rolling tonneau cover or a softtopper. Need more utility.
So, what'd you do about the shock extensions?

n3rdaaron

So, what'd you do about the shock extensions?
I had Northridge cancel the original order and change it to the regular Gladiator lift. Well, they messed that all up and shipped me the JL lift. After fighting with them on that, I ordered the the correct lift from AEV. I received it in around three weeks.

n3rdaaron

FYI:

Called and talked to Fox about the rebuild period on the factory shocks: 50k miles for on-road use and 30k if you use it off-road. there is only one shop that they have which can work on them.

Top Bottom