I got into a wreck...

tdans

So this morning I accidentally bumped into a lady at a stop sign pulling onto a highway. As you can see in the pics I could hardly see any damage. My tire hit her rear bumper and there are some scratches and a crack about an inch long. This was on the rear drivers side of the car. It popped out the plastic peace’s on the side that could just be snapped back into place. I was at the most going 3-5 mph when I hit her. I wouldn’t even guess that much. She was acting normal and fine till the police showed up. Then suddenly she pointed out on the front passenger side of the car that there was a dent and I must have twisted her frame on her car. I didnt push her into anything. All the body gaps where perfect and no damage I could see under her car. The trunk worked perfectly. Is it just me or is this person just trying to get a new car? Sorry for the crappy pics just wanted to get your input. IMG_3112.JPG IMG_3113.JPG IMG_3115.JPG IMG_3116.JPG IMG_3117.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

tdans

Has anyone seen anything like that? I just don’t see how there could be such little damage to the back of the car to twist the front like that.

Bear_JT

Hooked
Like the rest of the people who commented said, insurance adjusters know their shit and so do the police who investigate the crash. Just relax and you’ll be fine.

bmkrinne

I own an identical 08 Civic and have almost identical damage from a similar event that happened 9 years ago. Never fixed it. The rear bumper is real flimsy and no way it could cause the damage up front. Minor cosmetic damage here.
The bigger issue and real question is what kind of beer are you drinking tonight? [emoji16]

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Tell her to point out the frame and you’ll agree that it’s bent! But seriously, I agree with the guys above. The insurance adjuster will know what she’s up to.

Tanktitan

One of my over-the-road tractors in Florida bumped a car in front of him, did not break the taillights and she got $500,000 from my jack ass insurance company, Nationwide.

Today, you can’t just not care if the insurance company pays. It stays on your “loss run” history for several years and every insurance company can get this info and charge you higher premiums. Insurance is a rigged game against you because what they pay out is billed back to all of us in higher premiums. My advice is to tell your insurance to settle quick on the minor damage and demand that they fights anything else.

rogerk93

One of my over-the-road tractors in Florida bumped a car in front of him, did not break the taillights and she got $500,000 from my jack ass insurance company, Nationwide.

Today, you can’t just not care if the insurance company pays. It stays on your “loss run” history for several years and every insurance company can get this info and charge you higher premiums. Insurance is a rigged game against you because what they pay out is billed back to all of us in higher premiums. My advice is to tell your insurance to settle quick on the minor damage and demand that they fights anything else.

$500,000!? What the hell kind of shit is that.

Top Bottom