I hate thieves!

naysjp

Caught the Bug
F*(kers are stealing tailgates in this day and age? That was so damn 90s. Losers. X2 about cutting those hands off.

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
I hate thieves man! That sucks! My neighbor got his tailgate stolen too. Yeah they are really expensive just like you said easily up to 4 or 5k. With all the tech in the tail gates like back up cams and lights it’s a hot thing to want to steal. I had my light bar and rigid lights stolen of my Jeep in front of my house. People suck!
IMG_5030.jpg
Here’s an extra tailgate lock iv also seen people use hose clamps to do the same thing. Sorry about your tailgate man.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

TrailHunter

Hooked
Well, it does, with the key. I usually forget, and because I'm in it multiple times each day, it is a PITA.

This is a top of the line 2016 F-350

My Chevy's as far back as 2004 and my Dodges as far back as 2012 automatically lock the tailgate when the doors lock. Ford seems to always be behind the field on simple things like this.

Fuckers!!! My 18 Ford locks with the doors... I’ve thought about turning it off because I’m in&out of the bed so much... but this is why I haven’t. Assholes. Dumbass probably has it listed on craigslist or ebay.

Primo82

Caught the Bug
Just when you think you've lost all faith in humanity it one ups itself. This sucks dude. I hate thieves. I'm good with removing a hand per incident, they can only fuck up twice.

rubiDave

That sucks Jerry. Did the cops even come out to take a report or did they tell you to file it online?
There have been a string of cars being break-ins around here and the cops just kinda shrug it off tell the victims they shouldn't leave valuable in their car.
The tweakers and homeless seem to get a pass, as do the soccer moms running stops signs driving their precious to school. Law and order ain't what it used to be.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

BaddestCross

People are assholes. Sorry for your loss.

I had a neighbor back in the 90s that drove a Nissan pickup... His tailgate and rear lights got stolen so many times he started removing them every night and bringing them in the house until he finally got rid of the fucker.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

jesse3638

Hooked
Damn Jerry that sucks. I had the CAT stolen off of my 2012 work truck then 2 years later I was back in the same town and the first night I was there they tried to steal it again. People do the dumbest things.
Wtf... why would you do that. Low lifes..

Sent from my SM-G955U using WAYALIFE mobile app
As mentioned the new tech in tail gates can fetch a pretty penny on CL. I found a tailgate from a Ram SRT10 in the middle of the road. I picked it up because it was a hazard but remembered my old captain selling one he found on Ebay. I posted it on CL and got $150 bucks for it.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

jdofmemi

I hit the junkyards, and a plain tailgate is $800. The one like I had with the step and camera, $2,000🤯🤯

I'm hearing new is over $4,000, then add paint to match.

It really sucks, since I have a relatively high deductible on the insurance.

fiend

Caught the Bug
I came out of the motel I was in last night to find the tailgate missing on my work truck.

To make it worse, the bed was full of crap I had loaded up to clean up a job site, so I had to get creative to keep it from falling out.

We should just cut their fucking hand off when we catch them

Told you not to go to Vegas.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom