I need advise

USMC Wrangler

I'm the same way. But I have to comment on your 'dealer recall' mention. We recently took our JK in for 2 recalls and they fucked up both of them. Dead serious.

The clock spring one we had to go back because the horn wasn't working, and the heated mirror recall, our LF mirror hasn't worked since. I have had other horrible experiences at this dealer besides this so I plan on looking at the mirrors when I have a chance myself. I don't trust no one.

Great. [emoji44] I’m taking mine into my local dealer for the first time tomorrow. Passenger side airbag recall. I’m already anticipating problems.

RyanHanley

Driveshaft is also toast it either has to be rebuilt or a new shaft but tomorrow NR4X4 will be getting a phone call about this and hopefully they will own up to they’re mistake. Thank you everyone for the great advice and I’ll keep everyone up to date on this situation
IMG_1391.jpg

Lojo

Glad nobody got injured!!! Lots of damage. I have a phobia about anyone other than me working on my vehicles. To many bad experiences.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Seahawkfan

Hooked
Glad nobody was hurt. I agree on taking it to NR and let them fix the wrong. I'm sure they will take care of you. Have a question about the u-bolts on the u-joint connections (J E Reel). Do you guys Loctite the nuts on the u-bolts ?

RyanHanley

I have to bring the Jeep to NR4X4 tomorrow night and they said “we will look at it” and then they asked what I want done to fix it and I said everything that’s broken and I want to know why this happened and I want the Jeep fixed correctly they never mentioned who was paying for all of this which will be interesting to decide but I’m definitely not going to budge because I truly believe I shouldn’t owe them anything for this. But Wednesday I will find out a lot more

JKbrick

I have to bring the Jeep to NR4X4 tomorrow night and they said “we will look at it” and then they asked what I want done to fix it and I said everything that’s broken and I want to know why this happened and I want the Jeep fixed correctly they never mentioned who was paying for all of this which will be interesting to decide but I’m definitely not going to budge because I truly believe I shouldn’t owe them anything for this. But Wednesday I will find out a lot more

Did you sign any invoices relieving them of any responsibilities in really little letters?

jesse3638

Hooked
x2, I randomly imagine the carnage if my driveshaft flew off when I’m going 70mph. Loctite helps ease those thoughts 😬

Had this happen on out fire engine about 5 yeas ago. Front DS axle end CV seized up at 70mph. Snapped the front pinion shaft clean off. Fortunately it was the axle end because if it was the t-case end it would have been even worse. It also tore the oil filter open like a coke can and we dumped 7 gallons of oil onto the highway.

JKbrick

Had this happen on out fire engine about 5 yeas ago. Front DS axle end CV seized up at 70mph. Snapped the front pinion shaft clean off. Fortunately it was the axle end because if it was the t-case end it would have been even worse. It also tore the oil filter open like a coke can and we dumped 7 gallons of oil onto the highway.

At least you had your own stuff to soak it up

Seahawkfan

Hooked
I always put loctite on drive shaft bolts. Ubolts as well.

For piece of mind I did. When I did the install I used Eddies write up I think he said crank the bolt down until the split washer is flat then another 1/4 or 1/2 turn something like that. But it just feels like you can just keep turning and turning those little suckers, So I put a little Loctite for safe measure. Thanks again:beer:

Jsouder53

Hooked

Well I certainly hope for the best [emoji106] I’ll bet you’re never going to do business with them again!

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Just a few words on Loctite. Adding it to dirty, crusty, oily bolts will greatly limit its effectiveness. Like anything else, preparation is the key to proper adhesion. Use a wire brush to clean the threads making sure all dirt and old thread locker is removed. Then follow with Loctite Cleaner & Degreaser, apply the thread locker and assemble. Primer can be used to decrease cure times. Just because a bolt has thread locker on it doesn’t mean that it was done right.

Slimebones

Just a few words on Loctite. Adding it to dirty, crusty, oily bolts will greatly limit its effectiveness. Like anything else, preparation is the key to proper adhesion. Use a wire brush to clean the threads making sure all dirt and old thread locker is removed. Then follow with Loctite Cleaner & Degreaser, apply the thread locker and assemble. Primer can be used to decrease cure times. Just because a bolt has thread locker on it doesn’t mean that it was done right.

True that. And avoid using the red in MOST situations. Blue is fine in Most situations. It not only secures the bolt/nut, but also seals the threads from moisture, thus eliminating chance for corrosion.

Top Bottom