I need to replace the tie rod end on the drag link

jknikos

Did it 5 hours ago. Getting the old one out was a pain in the ass :crazyeyes: The only way to get it unstuck was to move the wheel a little while another person pushed it down. Another issue is that when you finally put the new one in you have to pressure the tie rod on the pitarm with some way otherwise the castle nut moves with the rod and you cannot screw the nut. Moreover at the end I had to cut the nut on the top cause it has taller than the stock and made contact with the frame when I turned the wheel left. :eek:

AZ TAKO

I don't have I pickle fork and I am afraid to use a hammer cause I dont want to damage the steering box. I have replaced my tie rod and I used a hammer on the knuckles but up there it is a different story.
I rented a pickle fork from auto zone and also a draglink tie rod remover.. didn't get a chance to use the fork as the TR remover worked like magic! Just got done greasing it up and looks good and drives great!

Sent from my SM-G900T using WAYALIFE mobile app

jknikos

I rented a pickle fork from auto zone and also a draglink tie rod remover.. didn't get a chance to use the fork as the TR remover worked like magic! Just got done greasing it up and looks good and drives great!

Nice to hear that! :thumb:

Does the way it sits seem normal to you or I should have turned it more?

19433750_1790161587667172_1797752702_n.jpg

jeeeep

Hooked
This is how mine came out. I also grease it up... View attachment 265113 View attachment 265114

What I noticed on mine was my steering wheel is off a bit but with the adjustable sleeve a turn should fix it. (I hope anyways) View attachment 265115

rotate the adjustment sleeve to center your steering wheel.

also noticed your adjustment sleeve and clamp bolts arte not aligned for proper clamping and over time it'll cause the threads to slide, I've highlighted in red the where they need to line-up. once you get the steering centered, you can loosen the clamps and rotate them to align them:

20170624_185916.jpg

once you get it adjusted make sure to turn your steering wheel full left to right and count the number of turns it takes to go from straight to full turn to each side to make sure it's actually aligned.

AZ TAKO

rotate the adjustment sleeve to center your steering wheel.

also noticed your adjustment sleeve and clamp bolts arte not aligned for proper clamping and over time it'll cause the threads to slide, I've highlighted in red the where they need to line-up. once you get the steering centered, you can loosen the clamps and rotate them to align them:

View attachment 265160

once you get it adjusted make sure to turn your steering wheel full left to right and count the number of turns it takes to go from straight to full turn to each side to make sure it's actually aligned.
Great feedback thank you!! I will try this tomorrow and will provide an update. Thx again!!

AZ TAKO

20170625_075619.jpg 20170625_075705.jpg
Great feedback thank you!! I will try this tomorrow and will provide an update. Thx again!!

Update: turned the sleeve one whole turn and the steering wheel is on point.. tested 1 1/2 turn each way on the steering wheel. .. adjusted sleeve as recommended and its going to be a great sunday!! Thx again for all your help and recommendations..

Update: turned the sleeve one whole turn and the steering wheel is on point.. tested 1 1/2 turn each way on the steering wheel. .. adjusted sleeve as recommended and its going to be a great sunday!! Thx again for all your help and recommendations..

Top Bottom