I need to understand what i have before i do any mods

Rancho

Caught the Bug
I am going to ASSume :bleh: since this Jeep is running different shocks front/rear that the fronts were maybe blown and replaced with the 9000's.
Shocks (typically) last 50K or so. But I hear of guys going 100K plus.
As mentioned crank that knob clockwise to firm up the shocks.
Good luck.

Mtb275

Well, they cost more money, are shiny, have a reservoir and have a Fox sticker on them. :crazyeyes:

If you plan on doing a lot of fast driving out in the desert, the Fox shocks would be a nice addition but are far from needed. If you have money to spend, I'd get them just because you seem to want them. But, if you're working on a budget, I would just get a set of Rancho's for the rear to even things up. But hey, that's just me.

Well, I'm not interested in spending money just to spend money, but if something is better and is still within my budget, i would rather spend a little more and get the better item. You get what you pay for. I think i read a post and you said something similar about about Currie steering linkage?

After 70K,, I would all but guarantee they are no longer doing their job as effectively as they should,, if at least one or two aren't totally worthless. I'd buy all new shocks.:beer:

Agreed, and this is why i was thinking of replacing all 4. And I still go back to my question of are there better shocks than the 9000's for a price at or below the Fox shocks?

The part # on the coil is a 3" 4 door coil spring.

David

Seriously.... You rock!

Yes you do, thanks for the info.

And I still go back to my question of are there better shocks than the 9000's for a price at or below the Fox shocks?
i love the 9000s. Pretty much those or bilstein 5100s seems to be what most people on here run, unless you want to jump up to the next price point and get something like Kings.

Top Bottom