I test drove a JL today, and...

Exodus 4x4

They'll have to figure out how to get computers to talk. As complicated as it looks there is actually more room in the engine bay so it should fit even easier.

I bet you see Hemis in them within a few months though. I already know two folks that have everything almost ready, just waiting on their vehicles to finalize it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

It’s not the room or getting the computers to talk, it’s making everything around the engine to function as it should. Anyone can make anything work, but to make it look clean and without funky lights coming on at random times is the trick. Even the so-called “best” companies putting out swap kits aren’t without their issues.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

aldaman

With the 3.6 engine still being used, I am curious to see in the near future if someone will figure out a way to run the 8 speed trans on the older JKs (2012-2017) :beer:

1lostCDN

I'm going to check one out at my local dealer tomorrow! Apparently no test drives as its on loan from corporate haha.

Omar Brannstrom

The OP wrote "This is my take. The feel is dramatically improved. The 3.6 is a lot quicker off the start. The 8 speed and stock diff gearing has provided an exceptionally improved response. Punching it, I got it quickly to 75 and was blown away by its stability and handling at speed. It felt like something else. "

No doubt about that it has improved response and road handling, but how many remember how quick our wrangler were when it was stock with skinny tires and empty of weight without big tires and lift that makes offen the road handling worse and our accelaration suffer :D If I look at Your avatar You have a very heavy modified Wrangler with big tires and probably have alot of weight on it with heavy bumpers , winch etc, lift etc. Just speculating, maybe You drives also a stock Wrangler so You know.

Our swedish stock rubicon tire is 245/75/17 and my winter tire is 265/70/17 and my my accelaration suffer alot with my winter tyres and road handling.

Maybe the difference will be smaller if one compared a totally stock JK against JL, just speculating, I have to wait a year before I can test drive a Jl in Sweden.

Top Bottom