Im looking to put in a CB Radio on my JKU whats a good recommendation?

Dirt Foot

Ended up purchasing the Midland off Amazon. CB has arrived but, I'm still waiting for the 3ft firestik and coax. I should have it all installed soon although, I won't really have a chance to test it till the Oct Rausch trip I plan on attending. Should I expect to have to do any antenna tuning or should I be good to go?

It depends on you SWR's. What firestick did you purchase. Some are easily tunable with a screw and some are pulling out the wire and snipping off a bit. After you get everything installed have them check your ratings or purchase your own meter.

Shantz

Cobra 18 right under the glove box... works perfectly.

Attachments

• 1441056149132.jpg
    1441056149132.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 217

shortyokc

i had the midland 75-822 for awhile but got the cobra 29 lx bt free as a gift from work and currently using it, i have thought about going back to the midland just to save some room.

09blackruby

It depends on you SWR's. What firestick did you purchase. Some are easily tunable with a screw and some are pulling out the wire and snipping off a bit. After you get everything installed have them check your ratings or purchase your own meter.

I ordered the tunable firestik with a screw on the end. I guess I'll just have to install and test it out. Thanks for your feedback.

Anyone running a quick disconnect with a firestik? Just wondering if it effects the tuning.

Yes it will make it longer and you might have to remove the adjustment screw all together. If your swr reading are saying you are to long then try removing the spring.

JudeinPa

Yes it will make it longer and you might have to remove the adjustment screw all together. If your swr reading are saying you are to long then try removing the spring.

I will try your recommendation on removing the spring. Thank you.

Altonymous

I just finished installing mine last week. Went with a Uniden 510XL on a Quadratec removable console mount, very nicely made I might add. I wanted to go with a full size radio, but I liked the console mount and with the full size I figured I'd lose too much passenger seat adjustment. Also used the Cooltech Ultramount with a 3' Firefly. Would of preferred a 4' but I've got a low garage door and didn't want to be thwacking it every time I pulled in or out. Have an SWR of 1.3-1.4 and seems to work OK so far. I ran my power directly to the battery for right now, hopefully I wont forget to shut it off. I was told it's possible to get engine noise,etc, if you wire it too a switched wire, and the best results are with it wired direct. Does anyone who used that Quadratec console wiring harness have any issues?
View attachment 162104 View attachment 162105 View attachment 162106

What antenna mount is that?

Dopey84

Anyone using the Evo CB antenna mount...? Did you have to sand off any of the powder coat to help with the signal...?

Eezybreezy08

Hey fellow members of Wayalife

I been checking out some CB Radios lately mainly to go on the trails nothing fancy i guess, i checked out Northridge4x4 they have this COBRA 29 LX LCD CB RADIO for 149.99 what do you guys recommend ?

Thanks

Johnny

I went with the same radio. But I went through rightchannelradio and it was cheaper

Top Bottom