Impact wrench

MrHooah04

I have that exact set. Won't even take the lugs off my wheels for a standard rotation. I would most definitely look into a small compressor and a 1/2". Trust me..it's worth it to invest properly with tools the first time.

Edit: saw you bought it. Will definitely agree it'll be convenient on the trails! I was more so referring to using an impact for say..removing stubborn old CA bolts, etc. best of luck!

Last edited:

BigBoy

I have the HF one. I had to replace it after about a year of use. It didn't see any regular use but I did install a couple lifts with it. For the $40 I spent I got my use. If I had to do it again, I'd go cordless without a second thought.

David1tontj

I have had the dewalt 18v one for a little while now and am loving it. I already had a ton of dewalt, so I didn't need to get batteries or a charger. It takes the lug nuts off no problem.

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

OH14JKU

I have had the dewalt 18v one for a little while now and am loving it. I already had a ton of dewalt, so I didn't need to get batteries or a charger. It takes the lug nuts off no problem.

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

+1 for the DeWalt 18V. I have used one of these for a couple of years now with no issues on lug nuts with a good charge. I have to admit the Snap On cordless perform a bit better if you can spare the change to upgrade.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Got the new impact delivered today! Was surprised at how fast it shipped. Wasn't expecting it till at least Friday. Can't wait to use it next week
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1407381023.631822.jpg

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
These are pretty cool, the snap on guy hit a bolt and challenged me to break it with a wrench, I couldn't budge it. Are the chargers 2 prong or 3?

HLKSMSH

I have the craftsman 1/2" drive impact and use it all the time mainly for lug nuts. Its compact and I never leave the house wheeling without it.

northjeeper

I own a milwaukee cordless impact. It really works great and hasn't failed to get a bolt off yet.

They do make one that offers more ft/lbs of torque which is what I bought. For me it was worth the extra money. You never know when u might need the extra juice.

RJEEPO

Glad to hear I'm not the only one using Craftsman! Sears, Where America Shops :clap2: (barely). What can I say, it all started with a boxed kit gift when I moved so I stuck with it. FL light, impact wrench, even a nail gun. Gets the job done! Used it today with circ saw and drill to board up the windows. Proudest and funniest moment was with the jig saw when a contractor's Makita died along with every battery he had. Craftsman to the rescue! When the job was done I held it up like an AK and pull the trigger doing the yell. I thought it was funny at least. :cheesy:

jtpedersen

Caught the Bug
Current Cordless Impact Review

Thought I'd find the oldest possible thread to revive that I could today:).

I'd found this thread among the more valuable/constructive, as I was starting to casually research cordless impact wrenches a couple months ago. Read through it again today, Thought I'd add to it...

Came across this Shop Tool Review write-up (bit.ly/2O3OeDajTp) from late '17, so it's still fairly current. Their review of 9 cordless impact wrenches was very well done in my opinion. Very constructive and takes perhaps 20 minutes to review/contemplate. By the half-way point you start to get a feel for how things are going to shake out.

The short take, there are two distant last place finishers; ~5 strong mid-pack competitors in the middle; and, by a leap, one clear winner using their metrics. I want to get a model that can use my existing battery system. However what I found left such a strong impact, I expect this weekend I'm going to be adding another color charger to my garage.

If you think you're going to get one, I recommend sitting down and enjoying the read.

Last edited:

Jsouder53

Hooked
Thought I'd find the oldest possible thread to revive that I could today:).

I'd found this thread among the more valuable/constructive, as I was starting to casually research cordless impact wrenches a couple months ago. Read through it again today, Thought I'd add to it...

Came across this Shop Tool Review write-up (bit.ly/2O3OeDajTp) from late '17, so it's still fairly current. Their review of 9 cordless impact wrenches was very well done in my opinion. Very constructive and takes perhaps 20 minutes to review/contemplate. By the half-way point you start to get a feel for how things are going to shake out.

The short take, there are two distant last place finishers; ~5 strong mid-pack competitors in the middle; and, by a leap, one clear winner using their metrics. I want to get a model that can use my existing battery system. However what I found left such a strong impact, I expect this weekend I'm going to be adding another color charger to my garage.

If you think you're going to get one, I recommend sitting down and enjoying the read.

Which one are you going with? I just picked up a dewalt yesterday since I have a collection of tools and batteries. As for just a days use of pulling off tires and changing shocks I love it

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
I don't usually praise Harbor Freight, but the Earthquake gun is fricking awesome. I did a regear with it and was able to crush both crush sleeves without having to use any manual breaker bar. Been really happy with it. I think it's 1400 ft lbs of torque.

fiend

Caught the Bug
Which one are you going with? I just picked up a dewalt yesterday since I have a collection of tools and batteries. As for just a days use of pulling off tires and changing shocks I love it

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I too have the DeWalt. It’s a nice tool. Also nice that I can use the same batteries for my DeWalt drill and grinder.

jdofmemi

I had a set of Ryobi, but not an impact.

I wanted to get one, but was not impressed with the Ryobi, but having batteries, charger, etc, you get somewhat locked in.

Well, thanks to a thief in the night I will be getting new tools, when I can, so now to figure out which system to go with. Drill, impact, sawzall, and grinder to start with.

BaddestCross

Glad to see DeWalt is up there. All my cordless tools are DeWalt and I hate carrying different chargers/batteries.

That said, I bought the $50 HF corded impact awhile back when I did my pinion seal and it worked great. Glad to hear their Earthquake gun is as good as they tell me every week in their emails. 😎

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Top Bottom