Increasing Breakover angle / frame ground clearance, JKU

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I also recommend the budget boost route, especially if you dont want to cut your fenders. Ive been running one with 35s for almost 2 years now and while Im not one of those #beatnotbabied folks, it has gotten me where I want to go.

jmatta33

I put an EVO leveling kit and Rubi shocks on my 2012 JKU and it gave me several inches of body clearance in the front and a couple more in the back as well. Body sits much more level now, rides great, and it is very cost effective and relatively simple install. If tires and lift are out of the question, spend $200 and get the EVO leveling kit hands down! :beer::thumb:

If you aren't going to put bigger tires on DON't do EITHER the BB or the Leveling Kit. use that money to instead buy Skid Plates and Rock Sliders. You will still scrape the bottom either way at least this way it is armored and you won't hurt anything.

ZeMax

Lots of good opinions. Keep em coming.

35 are not going to happen for a while. For my 35 = regear. Running 3.73 with manual transmission and with stock tires, the jeep feels sluggist to me. Tried my friend's automatic on 35s and really hates it. Patience is key for this one.

If an EVO leveling kit was 200$ i'd be all over it. But since the canadian dollard mucho suxxoress nowadays that won't be happening I think. For 289 CAD you can get a rough country budget boost just to give you an idea. Teraflex ? around 400-500.

ZeMax

If you aren't going to put bigger tires on DON't do EITHER the BB or the Leveling Kit. use that money to instead buy Skid Plates and Rock Sliders. You will still scrape the bottom either way at least this way it is armored and you won't hurt anything.

Some armor will be added

Well found EVO leveling kit for 341 $, not bad. Not sure if 3/4 of lift will give me the break I need and without weight in the front I'm a bit worried out actual lift gain from the coil.

2.5 Budget boost, would make my front differential caster off factory spec. Might cause Warranty issue, might cause front drivesahft failure. Lots of horror stories out there. So would have to add front lower arms and spacers apparently.

This is going to be a looooong winter :)

Now I'm starting to understand all those "Just Empty Every Pocket" memes.

dunstan74

If your going to wheel your rig your going to hit your skid plates/frame/control arms and diffs no matter what set up you run.

Id recommend an oilpan skid and a good set of rocksliders

Sent from my SM-G900I using WAYALIFE mobile app

kentuckianajk

I'm running an evo leveling kit and 35's that actually measure at 33 1/4. I've done a few big trails here in Idaho and with my stock tires here are some videos of what you can do mine is the green jeep

http://youtu.be/PCbfIluU83g

https://youtu.be/Uk5CQ2LHb04

https://youtu.be/blipkL_Smak

For the cost it's definitely a good start and will get you down the trail with more confidence

Dopey
Where in Idaho? My wife and I just moved to Nampa yesterday,we would love to hot some trails while the snow is coming down.

Sent from my QMV7A using WAYALIFE mobile app

ZeMax

Well you guys gave a lot to think about. The Evo leveling kit is looking better everyday. One thing about it: would the stock shock be ok when I wheel with the sway bar disconnected ? I think the rear ones should be fine from what I understand they can handle up to 2 inches right ?

It's starting to look a lot like Christmas !

Dopey84

Well you guys gave a lot to think about. The Evo leveling kit is looking better everyday. One thing about it: would the stock shock be ok when I wheel with the sway bar disconnected ? I think the rear ones should be fine from what I understand they can handle up to 2 inches right ?

It's starting to look a lot like Christmas !

Your front shocks would be ok when disconnected...

Dopey

Top Bottom